IGNORED

Back from Maggie Valley NC

hubbsfd

Well, just returned from 4 days running the back roads of the Great Smokey Mountains. What a great road trip. The Venture performed flawlessly. Grinding the floorboards on the Moonshiner 28 run was better even than The Tail of the Dragon run. I expected no less of my Venture but she surpassed my expectations. Rolling on the throttle out of the hair pin twisties was exhilarating. Felling the power and hearing those Peacemaker mufflers was absolutely a rush. Saw a multitude of Gold Wings and Triumphs and Victories, Boulevards and even a couple Statoliners and many others but NO Ventures. Everyone liked the Venture though.

No influence on its running or starting at 6000 ft. on the mountain tops. This girl ran like a scared rabbit and handled better than I ever thought. Had some major thunderstorms on the way home. Put the emergency flashers on and kept moving with the traffic through it all. Had the Bagger Shield on high position so had to sit high on the back of my seat to see over due to cager spray with deep water on the roads. I even used Pledge on the the shield but that spray just doesn't run off enough. No problem in the long run as this Bagger shield is just slightly lower than stock so it was not a problem getting high enough to see over just fine. Absolutely loved having the shield lowered for the mountain runs though. Very sporty feel for a surprisingly sporty bike.

Don't think I'd trade her for any other bike I saw although that 3 cylinder Triumph Rocket (saw two) was a damn beautiful thing to see. I've always like the Triumph. Well just wante y'all to know what a great time I had and more confirmation of what you already know.... the Venture ROCKS!!!

It just doesn't get any better than east Tennessee, north Georgia, and western North & South Carolina for riding. Move down here and enjoy the roads year around!!:thumbsup2:

I actually did move down. I'm out of Raleigh NC now. Easy ride over to the west side. About 5 hours for me. My father-in-law trailered his bike up from Orlando FL and we road together over there for 4 days. First day we did the water fall run (don't ask for the roads I'd have to research it on the ride map to remember). Second day we road the Moonshiner 28. Third day we hit the Blue Ridge Parkway (long road). Fourth day we did Tail of the Dragon and the Chilahala Skyway both. Our motel was located in Maggie Valley (had a covered area right out side the motel room door for our bikes) so we were in the middle of the runs we wanted to do. Worked out very well. Had some good food and met some nice folks but best of all the ridding. We have the rider to rider intercom so we were able to enjoy the ride with comment. I filmed the Tail of the Dragon run from my bike but I couldn't ride like I wanted due to a cager. I let him get ahead and still caught him. Then it started raining right at the end of the run so careful on wet roads became the order. We dodged rain that last day some here and there. I agree with others who posted that this is some of the best motorcycling in the country and might rank right up there internationally too.

I feel blessed to be from NE Tenn. I can be at 6,000 ft in less than an hour on those hot days. I know roads that are more curvy than the Dragon and the speed limit is 55 mph. There are some real good eating places that have about anything you want and I know some real good friendly people. And, I have a riding partner that loves to ride.

Like I said, I feel blessed

RandyA

Edited by Venturous Randy

I as well just got back from the Smoky's / Nantahala area. We camped at the base of the Fontana Dam for 5 nights. What a cool place, and an amazing engineering feat. There is a very cool museum at the top, and the dam is also part of the Appalachian Trail. you can ride over it too.

I will post a notice next time I head out there, and see if anyone wants to ride. I've traveled the world a few times over for work, about 10 years, and the Appalachain Mountains / Smoky's are my favorite place, time after time.

And AMEN to Rte 28 (they are now calling it "Hellbender" i think). The section from 143 Near Robbinsville, to Deal's Gap is one of my favorite roads.

I feel blessed to be from NE Tenn. I can be at 6,000 ft in less than an hour on those hot days. I know roads that are more curvy that the Dragon and the speed limit is 55 mph. There are some real good eating places that have about anything you want and I know some real good friendly people. And, I have a riding partner that loves to ride.

Like I said, I feel blessed

RandyA

I also feel blessedbecause I live in Western NC.5 minutes from my house to highway 80

10 minutes to226A and I can see the blue ridge parkway from my living room.30 minute ride to Mt Mitchell and 45 minutes to Grandfather Mountain.20 minute ride to Lake Lure and Chimney Rock,doesn't get much better than that.

I also feel blessedbecause I live in Western NC.5 minutes from my house to highway 80

10 minutes to226A and I can see the blue ridge parkway from my living room.30 minute ride to Mt Mitchell and 45 minutes to Grandfather Mountain.20 minute ride to Lake Lure and Chimney Rock,doesn't get much better than that.

Rub it in, why don't ya!?!?!?!?! :dancefool: :p