IGNORED

We're off to dragon's tail!

cabreco

Heading out this afternoon for Dragon's tail. 1100 mile round trip. First roadtrip on my blonde since I bought her 2 years ago.

All systems checked over. I rewired the accessory wiring, installed aluminum fuel pods, bike packed (decided not to bring the trailer) & ready to roll!

Wife & I with bags full running 40psi in the rear tire 35 in front, class is set at 70psi rear damper 3, 0psi up front (I have progressives)...any suggestions gladly accepted. :D

Hopefully the rain will hold back, but I doubt it. It looks like we are heading towards a western NC/Ga stormfront...Good thing we just bought good rain gear for the trip!

I don't think you could have picked a worse time for your trip. Here in east TN, we have a train of rain all the way to the Gulf moving this way. Not just rain today, but hard rain at times.:depressed:

Give me a call if you get close to Johnson City and you need to dry out for a while.

RandyA

If you were to wait till mid August, you could meet up with a large group of VR member at the Tail of the Dragon VI @ Vogel which is our semi annual rally to raise funds for the Kids at St. Jude Children's Hospital.. We have a great time and we ride the Cherohola Skyway, the Tail of the Dragon, and ride plenty of great roads in Tn, NC, and Ga. and eat good while doing it.

Heading out this afternoon for Dragon's tail. 1100 mile round trip. First roadtrip on my blonde since I bought her 2 years ago.

All systems checked over. I rewired the accessory wiring, installed aluminum fuel pods, bike packed (decided not to bring the trailer) & ready to roll!

Wife & I with bags full running 40psi in the rear tire 35 in front, class is set at 70psi rear damper 3, 0psi up front (I have progressives)...any suggestions gladly accepted. :D

Hopefully the rain will hold back, but I doubt it. It looks like we are heading towards a western NC/Ga stormfront...Good thing we just bought good rain gear for the trip!

Well, I just got back from Dragon's Tail. The weather was TERRIBLE, it rained going there, while we were there & on the way back...BUT it was fun.

It rained so bad we didn't do the Tail of the Dragon but e did do the Cherohala Skyway & the BR Pkway.

On the Cherohala Skyway at the highest elevation, visibility was literally 6 feet! Raining heavy at times, & the roads were slick. Challenging but fun!

On the 1100 mile trip the old 84 gen1 performed FLAWLESSLY! I was very proud of her. She was actually outperforming my buddy's 2012 V star!

I do have some questions to address the comfort level of an 11 hour 2 up ride which I will post on it's own thread http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?p=776685#post776685. I will be posting pix soon!

THE NEXT PROJECT!

This motorcycle trip, as enjoyable as it was, has made me come to realize that trying to be a member of the IRON BUTT GANG is NOT an easy task. THEREFORE I am building a motorcycle hauler. I JUST found this online for $200.00 It's complete & functional. Just needs lights, a floor, & a little paint. That should be another $150 or so.

It will wind up costing $350 total for a 12 x 6 utility/motorcycle trailer WITH electric brakes & break away switch :)