IGNORED

help please...fingers crossed

robclark63

popped open the clutch cover and this is what I found...[ATTACH]77699[/ATTACH][ATTACH]77700[/ATTACH]

1.The pin that I am pointing at will come out...should it be able to do that?

2. ON what I am calling the clutch boss the post has a piece that is broken.

3. the basket has play in it

Now I am stuck...done many aircooled VW clutches but this is way different. ANY help is needed...What do I do now:(

Any help is much appreciated....

1) That pin comes out. It actuates the clutch. There is a rod behind it that goes through the input shaft to engage the clutch slave.

2) Looks more like a chip. If it's not broken to the threads I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

3) Clutch basket will have some slight play in/out and rotationally. You shouldn't feel any play perpendicular to its axis.

Why did you tear it down?

It was making a rapping type sound...It seemed to be working very well in the clutch department though. The basket sort of wobbles and that might be where I am getting that sound. It sounds like it when it wobbles...

The posts on the boss seem to be "not flat" and sort of off...

I am hoping that is not bad news...

just dont squeeze the clutch lever while its apart you may have to losen the slave or take it off to get the rod pushed back in then put it all back together then put the slave back on to have a clutch again (ask me how i know:whistling::whistling::whistling:)

those cuts. allow the spring to turn if you fit it back on youll see it just misses the spring

deburr the basket ..mine has ratTled for ever and i took the metal plates and emery cloth on a flat surface got all the blue marks off and it dont slip NO MORE..

IM RIDING IT TILL IT DIES... OR I DO