IGNORED

Clutch Slipping

GeorgeS

Last week I got back from 9 day trip to Los Angeles on the new 08 RSTD ( new last year )

Anyway on the return trip, the clutch started slipping. Milage is about 13,000 when left on the return trip to Seattle. About 14,300 on bike now.

Not real bad, but, its slipping !! So---- Yesterday I ordered the new Barnett Clutch Spring Assembly. ( and some gaskets )

You know, as long as this has been a problem on the Venture's, you would think that Yamaha, would have fixed the problem, before the 2nd gens went into production.

My old 89, had same problem, but did not start slipping untill around 25,000 miles.

( Barnett replacement solved the problem, never slipped again, sold bike with 89K on it )

????? :confused24::confused24::confused24:

Anyway, going to just replace the pressure plate, and see how that works.

Your going to like thae Barnett. I just replaced mine with the Barnett. I ride two up pulling a trailer. I did the Skydoc spring 2 years ago, but I would still have an issue in the mountains every once in awhile. So I just pulled the trigger and went Barnett. Getting ready to leave on a 9 day trip from Michigan to Key West next week. Don't need clutch issues on the road.

I posted up earlier but no replies...I have a Barnett and it probably has 1000 miles or so on it and it sort of sounds slappy now??? Any reasons why?? Just wondering?

I would pop the cover off and take a looksie inside before it detanates and causes major damage. As much pressure that is on the bolts that run through the compression springs, it should not be sloppy at all.

• 2 weeks later...