IGNORED

The Biker

duke

A friend sent this to me, you may have read it before, but I thought I would share it with my friends.....

The Biker

I saw you hug your purse closer to you in the grocery store line.

But, you didn't see me put an extra $10.00 in the collection plate last

Sunday.

I saw you pull your child closer when we passed each other on the

sidewalk.

But, you didn't see me, playing Santa at the local mall.

I saw you change your mind about going into the restaurant.

But, you didn't see me, attending a meeting to raise more money for the

hurricane relief.

I saw you roll up your window and shake your head when I rode by.

But, you didn't see me riding behind you when you flicked your cigarette

butt out the car window.

I saw you frown at me when I smiled at your children.

But, you didn't see me when I took time off from work to run toys to the

homeless.

I saw you, stare at my long hair.

But, you didn't see me and my friends cut ten inches off for Locks of

Love.

I saw you roll your eyes at our leather jackets and gloves.

But, you didn't see me and my brothers donate our old ones to those that

had none.

I saw you look in fright at my tattoos.

But, you didn't see me cry as my children were born and have their name

written over and in my heart.

I saw you change lanes while rushing off to go somewhere.

But, you didn't see me going home to be with my family.

I saw you complain about how loud and noisy our bikes can be.

But you didn't see me when you were changing the CD and drifted into my

lane.

I saw you, yelling at your kids in the car.

But, you didn't see me pat my child's hands, knowing he was safe behind

me.

I saw you, reading the newspaper or map as you drove down the road.

But, you didn't see me, squeeze my wife's leg when she told me to take the

next turn.

I saw you, race down the road in the rain.

But, you didn't see me, get soaked to the skin so my son could have the

car to go on his date.

I saw you run the yellow light just to save a few minutes of time.

But, you didn't see me, trying to turn right.

I saw you cut me off because you needed to be in the lane I was in.

But, you didn't see me, leave the road.

I saw you, waiting impatiently for my friends to pass.

But, you didn't see me. I wasn't there.

I saw you go home to your family.

But, you didn't see me because I died that day you cut me off.

I was just a biker, a person with friends and a family.

But, you didn't see me.

Re-post this around in hopes that people will understand the biker

community.

If you don't re-post this, it sucks to be you. I hope you never loose

someone that rides.

The Biker

Guest mmmouse

Driver charged in fatal crash

Tests show no intoxication

ROBIN FITZGERALD, rfitzgerald@sunherald.com

A man suspected of being in the country illegally when he was in a fatal crash will be tried for leaving the scene, but he won't be prosecuted for driving under the influence.

Results of a blood-alcohol test show Raymoundo Rojas Garcia was not intoxicated the morning his pickup collided with a motorcycle on U.S. 49 at O'Neal Road. The crash June 24, 2007, claimed the lives of Wayne Hughes, 45, and his wife, Michelle Hughes, 48. The couple lived in Saucier.

Prosecutors in the District Attorney's Office confirmed the test results after a Harrison County grand jury indicted Garcia on Jan. 14 on two counts of leaving the scene of an accident resulting in death. Gulfport police were prepared to charge Garcia with felony DUI if the test showed Garcia was driving impaired.

Garcia, 27, faces up to five years in prison on each count if convicted of leaving the scene. If charged with drunken driving in a fatal crash, he would have faced five to 25 years for each death.

Garcia remains in custody on $100,000 bond, but the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement has a hold on him for possible violation of immigration laws.

Garcia's connection to the crash drew criticism after it became public Gulfport police had arrested him the week before on a misdemeanor DUI. Police said Garcia didn't have a driver's license and they had no way of knowing whether he is in the country illegally.

Garcia's attorney, Rufus Alldredge, said he isn't sure of Garcia's citizenship status.

"He speaks no English," Alldredge said, "but that doesn't mean he was trying to run and hide from an accident."

The crash occurred on a sunny Sunday morning after the couple had eaten an early lunch at a restaurant. They were northbound on their Suzuki when Garcia's southbound pickup made a left turn toward O'Neal Road.

Police have testified an off-duty state trooper stopped and instructed Garcia and his family to stand by the roadside. Garcia, his wife and their toddler were found a short distance away on Plunkett Road, a narrow street near the intersection.

"He was standing there talking on a cell phone," Alldredge said. "Was he frightened? Was he trying to find out what to do? These are questions we'll be trying to answer. It wasn't like he was half a mile away. Right now, he just wants to be with his family."

OK passed a law to allow city/state/county police to check immigration status of drivers and others when they violate a law. So far, only one city has provided the training to the officers required to let them access the records. And they've detained a boatload of illegals; true, mostly Latino, but quite a few you wouldn't think about. So there are a few less homicidal maniacs driving the streets of Tulsa these days. Still no shortage of maniacs, of all ethnicities.

So far, the ACLU hasn't found a court that will accept their lawsuit against the state. A few illegals have gone home, to wait and see the impacts; they'll be back before the year's end. A few employers are currently trying to bring suit against the state; the Chamber of Commerce is the lead on this. Come on, guys. There's more to life than cheap labor.

What a world this is. Citizens suing the government, to stop peace officers from enforcing the law. Makes me proud to be a US citizen. Try that in Mexico.