IGNORED

Headset for 2007 RSV

chag67

I have the Yamaha headset for the RSV. I can barely hear my girlfriend unless I turn it way up. When I do that, I hear a lot of static and a constant clicking. Sucks because I paid $400+ for the headsets. Also the ear phones are so large. It took forever to find a helmet that fits and accommodates the head phones without them pressing on our ears.

I'm thinking of getting the Scala G9 Bluetooth headset.

Thoughts on why the plug in is messed up?

Thoughts on the Scala?

Hi did you try turning up the mike volume? I have mine set on 15 which is kind of high, but my wife can only hear out of one ear. I use very cheap head seats they are only about 89.00 a piece. I do have a mike mute which is nice as you can cut off the mike when not in use. Still waiting on Buddy Riches cable. Should be soon.

Hal:cool10:

I turned up the IC volume to 15 - 17. That's the only way I could hear her. My girlfriend could hear me at much lower volume but I couldn't hear her. At IC volume at 15+, we hear a lot of static and a constant clicking. And my hearing is fine.

Plus it is a constant open line. I thought that you had to press the talk button on the left handle bar to talk.

I'm thinking the blue tooth might be better. Link to the GPS, link to my girlfriend's headset, link to radio, link to my phone, and link to MP3 player.

I should have bought that from the beginning.

Yes the intercom is always "on". The button on the handlebar is the push-to-talk button for the CB. Are you aware that there is also a volume switch on the left side for the passenger's volume control.? You might try playing with that as well. Also, there is a push-too-talk button for the passenger should he/she want to use the CB.

Andy

Yes. I've played with every volume in every conceivable combination. I'm wondering if I have a bad wire connection with the driver connection. It doesn't seem to affect the passenger connection.

I bought the ed set adapter where you can plug in a set of ear buds into the yamaha sound system. The sound is 100 times better and you can use any helmet since there are no speakers to mount in the helmet. Your helmet will slip right over the ear buds. I have had several sets of ear buds and recently bought a pair at wal mart for $19.95 and the sound is the best I have ever heard. The head sets are red and made for people that work out and listen to music.

I have the less expensinve J&M sets. I have to run pretty high also I think 15 or better. And if I really turn it up so I can hear the wife good I got a bunch of feedback noise. I bought a pair of mic cut outs. I think air rider or something. Essentially does the same thing the mic mute does but is button operated so you have to manualy turn the mic on. I recently built a couple of connectors that I ran along the inter comm cords for ear buds. So now I plug in ear buds and hear the intercom and radio and still use the mic.

As far as I know there is no ear buds with a mic. I dont have to run the volumes as high with this set up because the sound is much clearer. Whe the mic button is off you dont hear all the shhhhh either.

Seems like people have had to rig something up no matter what they have hooked up to the wired source on the bike. Looks like I'm gonna go with the Scala blue tooth setup. No static and wire free. Only downside is the price.

Seems like people have had to rig something up no matter what they have hooked up to the wired source on the bike. Looks like I'm gonna go with the Scala blue tooth setup. No static and wire free. Only downside is the price.

Not true at all. There should be no 'clicking' AT ALL. Mine did that until I pulled the tank off and looked to see how my cables were run. One of the ignition coil wires was near my intercom wire; once I moved that and had them routed like they were supposed to be, I have no ticking at all -- even with my IC turned all the way up to 20.

Clean the radio/IC connections (the ones inside the fairing AND under the passenger seat).

Check and re-route your audio cables AWAY from the ignition coil wires and you should be in good shape.

As for the poor audio, have you tried switching your cables with the passenger cable -- maybe the low audio is a patch cable issue :confused24:

Also, make sure you note the volume control on the passenger arm rest -- that give the passenger a secondary way to turn down the volume.

Now that my cables are run properly and the connectors are clean, I routinely run with the IC somewhere between 10-12 with NO TICKING at all and I can hear the passenger loud and clear.

:thumbsup2:

Do you have a mic for the ear buds? I have the chatterbox system. It came with head sets you mount in your helmet and a mic. I cut the wires to the head sets and use the mic with the ear buds. The mic until slips into the helmet on the side of the helmet so it can be used with any helmet.

• 4 months later...
I have the Yamaha headset for the RSV. I can barely hear my girlfriend unless I turn it way up. When I do that, I hear a lot of static and a constant clicking. Sucks because I paid $400+ for the headsets. Also the ear phones are so large. It took forever to find a helmet that fits and accommodates the head phones without them pressing on our ears.

I'm thinking of getting the Scala G9 Bluetooth headset.

Thoughts on why the plug in is messed up?

Thoughts on the Scala?

I had the same problem with my head set as well, come to find out there was a short in the head set wire. I got the head set replaced and it was 100% better. I set my ic volume around 15 and have no outside static or interference. good luck.