IGNORED

thank you Squidey

pmelah

i just want to thank Squidley for sending me his spare TCI :thumbsup: after my factory TCI died from water and corrosion a project i thought i should do while in there is taking a little longer than i thought would take me i started to pull all the connectors only to find the factory grease they put on 29 years ago had turned to powder and corroded every connector on the bike and all the grounds on it were rusted and corroded as well its a wonder it even ran or that anything electrical worked (pygmies hard at work) i am almost done going thru the connectors cleaning the ground wires what a time consuming task that is cleaning every spade and blade connector on the bike i figure while im there i may as well do it now and do it right so i dont have to do it later on the side of the road anyway i should have it up and running tomorrow by late morning early afternoon as long as i don't find something else to get into and fix while im there

gotta love this place

yes i do the people here are just finominal i could not keep this bike running without every bodies help and knowledge here i LOVE this place and the people in it Thanks Don (Freebird) for making this home for us and our love of these bikes and update i got it running it was slow and hard to crank but once the fuel started flowing she was running with full choke on and only getting to 2000 rpm once she warmed up after running for 10 min like that i was able to take the choke off and could blip it and man did she respond now i have flames shooting out the # 1 exhaust clamp and she was smoking burning off all the build up in there she had to be running on 3 cyl before the tci died also # 1 coil was cracked on the bottom so i plastic welded it what a difference it makes when its running on all 4 just in sound i been running on 3 since i got it and i thought that was normal because it had plenty of power on 3 and never heard one run on all 4 now to finish cleaning the other wire connectors for lights and stuff then put the fairing back together windshield on and ride i should start getting better gas ilage now i thought 35 was the norm for this everybody have a great memorial day i know i will putting the bike back together to ride :cool10::cool10::12101: