IGNORED

Custom VMax in NC!

dewinks

Alright, here's my first love (sorry Venture Fiends [and wife.....] :confused24:), my 1990 VMax. All built by yours truly. To date, it has:

-Full 4-2-2 ceramic coated stainless exhaust, polished dual stainless mufflers (if you can call them that, loudest bike I've ever heard). Made by John Cornell of UFO (Ultra Fast Objects) in Ohio. This dude is THE VMax authority. Check out his web page and look at his drag racing stuff. Velocity stacks, etc. He rode the first sub-9 second quarter mile on a shaft driven bike. Totally BAD-A$$!

-full Ohlins Yamaha R1 front end (minus wheel) with custom longer upper fork tubes to keep the rake proper, and custom billet triple clamps. Includes calipers, rotors, front fender, etc.

-Custom built, single piece (minus cush drive) 17" billet aluminum rear wheel, 190 Avon Storm tire. Also personally built by John Cornell.

-Chromed Stock front wheel, matching Avon tire.

-Hand laid fiberglass tail, Lower air-dam, and custom airbrush paint from Mike Tardiff Jr., of MTA Graphics. Enfield, CT. This is the first airbrush job he ever did (tatoo artist), and it is unbelievable. It is "bio-mechanical", sort of like H.R. Geiger's stuff he did for the series "Alien". You should see what Mike is doing now with more experience. If you are looking for paint in the North East, you should see him. He is CHHHEEEEAAAAPPP!

-DynoJet Stage 1 Kit

-Progressive Dual Rear Shocks.

-Billet Carb covers, swingarm pivot bolt covers.

-Polished aluminum "Alien Skull" headlight. The eyes are the lights! hahaha

-Many many powdercoated pieces.

-Polished / Ported (mildly!) heads

-BALLS!!!!!!!

It is soon to get a Venture Final Drive, as the smaller rear tire has raised my cruising RPM's. I got one off ebay for 40 bucks, but have to make the left rear shock mount. I wish they had made the VMax a mono-shock rear. Oh, well.

I will post some more pics when I find them. I have pics of the paint close up and the headlight, etc, somewhere. The first is Barkhamstead Reservoir in CT (I know it opens small, still trying to figure that one out). This second pic is from a ride the other day to an abandoned grain mill along a railroad bed in Robbins, NC. Pretty cool place. Kinda spooky. Enjoy!

Uncle Nick.

Nobody is gonna hold you having V-Max against you. After all, some of us are still riding that things mama. Same heart, just bigger nads. :rotf:

Looking forward to seeing more of your work when you get the pics worked out.

But looks like you put some love into that.

You will most likely will cross paths with Dingy and Squeeze. Dingy has some hybrid stuff going on that you will enjoy and then Squeeze.... Well, he's just power crazy.