IGNORED

Fuel Leak

Left side of bike carb on right somewhere there is leak there It's very hard to tell where it is being ya gotta feed it fuel to see it leak. according to the service manual where the fuel comes into the carb it's not leaking there, it's dry it seems like the leak is below that area. Any Ideas???

Also anyone have ACTUAL PICTURES OF CARB??? The diagram is a bit vague as to a hose that goes into the carb below fuel line I'm wondering if it's Overflow from stuck float??

2003 Venture

I was finally able downsized pictures on camera and took some here they are, all 4 back sides of carbs have these 2 brass parts extending from the lower backside with no hose attached it's the one on the right that leaks according to the dealer there's no hoses from the backside and the service manual doesn't even show the 2 parts on the back of the carb float cove The diagram at PART SHARK shows 1 of the parts but can't figure out which one and shows a "pipe " pipe that comes from it. http://www.partshark.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=281980&category=motorcycles&make=YAMAHA&year=2003&fveh=6836

Edited by usedcyclesales

Might be a stuck float. Try gently tapping the float to free it up and see what happens. You may want to dump a 1/2 can of sea foam into the tank as well. I use an Aux tank which makes checking the carbs much easier. One of those hanging IV thingys.

Ok ,the "feeder" tree to all four carbs is easy to see and check for leaks. I think you've done that.

The four over flow lines connect to the elbows coming off the top of each of the fuel bowl covers. S you said it only appears to leak when fuel is supplied. If the hose is not seated or cracked at the elbow it may bleed there. But if the line is intact and the needle seat is stuck the over flow line should carry the fuel to under the bike to the ground.

So, you said the leak appears to be lower on the carb body I'd suppect the fuel bowl drain fitting it damaged. I've had that on mine.

Follow the black drain lines that run through the carb rack support frame to the rear of the bodies. You'll see, or feel the 90 degree plastic fitting for the drain lines.

If the fitting is loose, broken or pulling out of the body that is probably your leak. In that case I was assume your drain screw is not seating completly.

So the quick test would be run the bike, open the drain screw and see if the fuel comes out the hose or down the back of the carb.

Not the safest test. But it will tell you real quick.

Ok ,the "feeder" tree to all four carbs is easy to see and check for leaks. I think you've done that.

The four over flow lines connect to the elbows coming off the top of each of the fuel bowl covers. S you said it only appears to leak when fuel is supplied. If the hose is not seated or cracked at the elbow it may bleed there. But if the line is intact and the needle seat is stuck the over flow line should carry the fuel to under the bike to the ground.

So, you said the leak appears to be lower on the carb body I'd suppect the fuel bowl drain fitting it damaged. I've had that on mine.

Follow the black drain lines that run through the carb rack support frame to the rear of the bodies. You'll see, or feel the 90 degree plastic fitting for the drain lines.

If the fitting is loose, broken or pulling out of the body that is probably your leak. In that case I was assume your drain screw is not seating completly.

So the quick test would be run the bike, open the drain screw and see if the fuel comes out the hose or down the back of the carb.

Not the safest test. But it will tell you real quick.

THANK YOU THOSE PICS ARE EXACTLY WHAT I NEED TO SEE SHOULD BE ABLE TO TAKE IT FROM HERE THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![:fingers-crossed-emo/COLOR]