IGNORED

New KID on the block

Use The Sea-Foam to keep fuel system good. Castrol 20/50 oil. Been using it for 50 yrs no oil related problems. When I get old and slow I'm gonna get me one of them 2nd Gens. But normal is a setting on a dryer. I'm Extra Fluffy!!! Progressive springs are the way to go. No air needed in front. Shrader(spelling) valves can be used for the air ride or repair it.

that would be Castrol 20/50 from an autoparts store correct? I just did an oil change using just that and want to ensure I didn't do something really bad to my bike

--Mike:fingers-crossed-emo

As long as you don't see this "Energy Saving tag" on the oil label you should be fine.

"If it has the starburst on it with "energy saving" on the label, then you get to buy a new clutch because the additives will soak in and it will slip forever and ever"

The oil won't hurt the motor or tranny but the slick additives in the oil will not allow the fiber friction disks in the clutch to grip properly causing the clutch to slip. Once it soaks in, it's don't come out.

Hey welcome to the board. Just saw you post and I see you're in Ohio too. I'm from Akron. Are you going to Freebirds maintance day this weekend? Love to meet up with you for a ride sometime.

Feel free to send me a PM.

Again, welcome to the group and it looks like you've got a really nice bike there.

OH and BTW, I can HIGHLY recommend Skydoc. He's great to work with and has exactly what you need. Just look him up in the "classified" ads under "members."

Hey welcome to the board. Just saw you post and I see you're in Ohio too. I'm from Akron. Are you going to Freebirds maintance day this weekend? Love to meet up with you for a ride sometime.

Feel free to send me a PM.

Again, welcome to the group and it looks like you've got a really nice bike there.

OH and BTW, I can HIGHLY recommend Skydoc. He's great to work with and has exactly what you need. Just look him up in the "classified" ads under "members."

Thanks.... And no unfortunately I cannot make it to maitnace day.... There is a kidney fundraising thing that we do every year and it is on the same day.... If I can get away in the after noon maybe I can scoot up there. I actually plan on rebuilding my forks today.... Maybe the bike will be apart... I really don't have time to work on this thing!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Welcome to the site, now if someone can point out someone who is normal on this site, I would like to meet them. If you look up normal in the dicitonary, you wont find any one here who fits that description...............Really!!!!!![QUOTE=tufftom4;763520]Welcome to the crazy site....Some people here are kinda normal :cool10: But we will help in any way possible.

Tom

Welcome to the site, now if someone can point out someone who is normal on this site, I would like to meet them. If you look up normal in the dicitonary, you wont find any one here who fits that description...............Really!!!!!![QUOTE=tufftom4;763520]Welcome to the crazy site....Some people here are kinda normal :cool10: But we will help in any way possible.

Tom

Normal

"a : according with, constituting, or not deviating from a norm, rule, or principle"

So, if we limit the comparison to ONLY other like minded groups we are normal. Even if you ride a 2nd Gen.

If we compare to the entire planet, not so much.

I can live with that. :rotf:

:witch_brew: To the oil change situation. At most I will have to change my oil about 4 times a year. The price difference from automotive oil to motorcycle oil is $2 to $3 a quart. Comparing Valvoline or Lucas synthetic motorcycle oil to automotive. Not bad if compared to replacing clutch disks.

Progressive forks springs are the way to go.

C.L.A.S.S. is a simple fix, but totally a matter of preference. I am seriously considering eliminating it (works perfectly so far) in favor of having dash space for speakers.