IGNORED

Which Shidengen R/R to use on 89 VR

As the header states, which Shidengen to use on my 89 VR. I still have the original stator and R/R in my 89 and want to switch to a new Shindengen before I go to the International. I have most of the bulbs on my bike transferred to LED's and will do the turn signals in the next week couple of weeks. Have replaced my old driving lights with new LED's by Dually, so I no longer have that heavy draw of 110 watts. The Dually's are less then 15 watts. Also where is the best place to mount it, don't like the current location next to exhaust and rear wheel.

Jim

I belive the one I used on mine was the FH0012a

I have the upgrade stator to and the change was outstanding.

I installed mine on the inner fairing.

I don't think it would fit in the OEM position anyway due to size.

Don't forget to get the plug kit for it. They were a bit of a trick to find.

Here is a thread on the R/R's to:

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=68374&highlight=indian

gotta watch the numbers. A similiar number is quite different.

Edited by Snaggletooth

Here is a complete kit for $126.95.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FH020AA-Shindengen-Universal-upgrade-kit-with-free-PVC-wiring-sheathing-/271147003588?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f219eeec4&vxp=mtr

This kit uses the new FH020AA regulator, which is physically the same size as the FH0012a. Shindengen no longer makes the FH0012a regulator, from what I have heard.

According to his listing, he also sells kits that are plug and play, if you ask for them.

Edited by pofarm
added info

I have a Regulator and the connectors available for sale. I found my connector kit that is unused.

I bought 2 because I lost one, and of course as soon as I installed the second one, I found the first in the box.

$65.00 + whatever shipping would be for the regulator and the connectors.

Thanks for all the help.

Tim....PM sent.

Mike....I have my new TCI from Dingy installed there and a power outlet panel, so no room. Will have to move it to the right side under the CB and cut a hole in the vent ducting to keep it cool. I may remove the "Y" ductwork under the headlight and mount it there. The dash vents are not that important to me, so it would be a good place to mount the unit. I would have to protect it from water and dirt, but that wouldn't be a problem.

Mike....I have seen pics of your bike and I have my Dually's mounted there and think it will interfere with the light beam. I am a little leery about exposing it to stones from the road and other debris kicked up by cars, and water, etc..

Greg...thanks for the link. I was going to search Ebay tonight and that has saved me some time.