IGNORED

Swap Meet at Don's MD?

Jayceesfolly

As the title says.....anyone interested in bringing your old, not needed, excess accumulation, and ("The Boss" wants those parts out of her kitchen!!!!) type parts and have an impromptu swap meet at MD? I am going to be bringing some used parts for 1st gens and want to give them away at MD in June. An old taillight, some new gaskets, side cover pieces( ordered Marcarl's side chrome pieces), a pair of saddle bag cover bars, old water pump parts, cassette deck( probably good for a boat anchor) etc.. Not sure if this is something we could do or should do. I thought just small parts, only what could be carried by a rider on his or her bike. I don't think things like wheels or fairing body parts should be included because of their size, or at least I wouldn't carry those size parts, because of the bulk. But to each his own.

Anyway, I thought about having a Swap Meet on Saturday. I don't always catch all the requests for parts on the Forum. And I might as well give them to someone who needs them.

Any thoughts about this?? I haven't really thought this through, but the first thing was competition for Skydoc, EUSA1, Carbon One and other members selling their products. Not sure how they would react to this idea. As I said, haven't thought it through but I am sure their would need to be rules of some type about quantity , size, value, money, etc..

I thought we could make a donation to the SAF Fund if we displayed any parts. A fee of $2.00 to $5.00 to participate in the Swap Meet. Or some mutually agreeable amount.

Any thoughts on this??

Jim

As the title says.....anyone interested in bringing your old, not needed, excess accumulation, and ("The Boss" wants those parts out of her kitchen!!!!) type parts and have an impromptu swap meet at MD? I am going to be bringing some used parts for 1st gens and want to give them away at MD in June. An old taillight, some new gaskets, side cover pieces( ordered Marcarl's side chrome pieces), a pair of saddle bag cover bars, old water pump parts, cassette deck( probably good for a boat anchor) etc.. Not sure if this is something we could do or should do. I thought just small parts, only what could be carried by a rider on his or her bike. I don't think things like wheels or fairing body parts should be included because of their size, or at least I wouldn't carry those size parts, because of the bulk. But to each his own.

Anyway, I thought about having a Swap Meet on Saturday. I don't always catch all the requests for parts on the Forum. And I might as well give them to someone who needs them.

Any thoughts about this?? I haven't really thought this through, but the first thing was competition for Skydoc, EUSA1, Carbon One and other members selling their products. Not sure how they would react to this idea. As I said, haven't thought it through but I am sure their would need to be rules of some type about quantity , size, value, money, etc..

I thought we could make a donation to the SAF Fund if we displayed any parts. A fee of $2.00 to $5.00 to participate in the Swap Meet. Or some mutually agreeable amount.

Any thoughts on this??

Jim

And we could ride down to my garage, 40 miles, and have a 1st gen pickers dream stop.

Gary