IGNORED

Replacing the Thermostat

I'm about to change the thermostat on my 99 RSV. I've noticed in the Yamy manual, there's very little description on how to get it out from inside the little cubby hole they put it. I Stripped the bike down to have a good look and it's pretty tight in there.

I guess I have to try and dissasemble the thing inside there and pull it out somehow? It doesn't look like it will fit out the side? Do you remove the air filter assembly and drop it out from underneath the frame?

Anyone have any tips on doing this job?

I looked for a tech article but couldn't find one.

Cheers,

D.W.

I just did mine in Feb. Its a pain, but I came straight back. With some creative turning it came out without taking off rear pipe off Thermostat. I have some pics, but I am at work, can post later this afternoon. Be sure to change o-rings on pipes while you have it out.

Perry

Thanks for the O-ring tip. I've got all the other parts but for some reason didn't order the o-rings. I think I'll head up to Napa once I've got the old ones out to match them up.

I think I'll take lots of pics too and do a "how to" for future reference. I'm surprised there isn't one already here.

Cheers,

D.W.