IGNORED

I Did the Roadliner Wheel Upgrade

Well I found a screamin deal on a Roadliner wheel with a decent tire and real good rotors. I put it on yesterday and could not be more pleased with the results. Really improves the handling in the curves and makes the bike look stellar. This site is Sweet!! So many great ideas!

I feel like I got a brand new bike:big-grin-emoticon:

[ATTACH]76174[/ATTACH]

I got a new phone that I took the pic with and none of the pics from this phone will upload?? All my other pics will?? Must be a file type that is non compatable. I'll take some with the iPad tomorrow and post them:sign13:

wow, that does look awesome! What size tire does it run? I see a couple on fleabay, but they are close to 500 bones without tires.. That really looks good though!:hurts:

It is a 130/70/18 Bridgestone what came stock on the Roadliner. The tire is decent so I'll run it a few months then probably put an Avon on it. As for the price I'd hate to tell you. It was less than half what most Fleabayers are asking and that's with a tire and rotors. Thanks for the Kudos!

• 2 weeks later...

Looks nice and you got the S model polished wheel, same one I used. Now you just need the 4 piston caliper upgrade to go with those Floating rotors (I want to do that eventually :mo money:). One of the big improvements in the looks is losing the big rotor covers on the Stock wheel. For anyone interested in seeing the Stratoliner/Roadliner wheel compared to the OE wheel there are pics in an album on my profile page.

FWIW, I ran the OE BS radial that came with my wheel for a while (2-3k miles) and when I needed a new rear tire I got Avon venoms front and rear to have the whole matched tire, bias front and rear deal. The Avon Venom bias in the 130/70 18 has a rounder (pointier?) profile than the Bridgestone radial. Bike feels tippier to me with the Avon than it did with the BS radial. Not bad but different and between the two I liked the feel of the radial on the front better overall.

The other option I considered was running an Avon Cobra 130/70R-18 radial on the front and the new Michelin Commander II on the rear. They have very similar tread patterns. Might try this when the current set wears out (or cracks). Surprised Michelin doesn't offer the 18" front in the Commander II. Apparently they aren't interested in the Goldwing Market.

RSTDdog

• 1 year later...