IGNORED

front wheel noise

Since my last ride i hear a constant whining noise in my front wheel. It dont stop when i apply the brakes and last winter i ve test the bearing and they look fine. Can it be a lack of grease on the shaft cause i took off the wheel to get my tire changed and didnt put grease when i put it back?

I would go with the speedo cable first, just take it off at the wheel and go for a ride to see what happens.

The wheel does not spin on the axle, so not greasing the axle would not cause any noise, although lightly greasing the axle is a good idea.

If it still makes noise when the speedo cable is off,,,, it would probably be bearings.

Dozer,

No on the grease on the axle. But the best way to check your bearings is to get the front end supported with the front tire off the ground, remove the calipers and get them out of the way of the tire........and then spin the wheel and listen. If you hear nothing but the quiet sound of the wheel spining the bearings are ok. But if you can hear them grinding and making any unusual noise.....replace them.

Hope this helps,

Rick

Since my last ride i hear a constant whining noise in my front wheel. It dont stop when i apply the brakes and last winter i ve test the bearing and they look fine. Can it be a lack of grease on the shaft cause i took off the wheel to get my tire changed and didnt put grease when i put it back?