IGNORED

MKII K&N Air Filter ?

My '89 came with the K&N already installed. I have always run K&N air filters on every car I ever owned since the 80s. My 2000 Excursion with the old 7.3 Diesel has way more power with it than any other option I added. They love air...so the VR loves air too for running. It has been 18 years since my last VR so I can not compare. I am still having mileage issues on my VR and am ordering the shims for the needles to help. I see by the other post some think the K&N may hinder the air. I am not sure, I do know the K&Ns on my cars keep it cleaner than stock filters. Big concern for Diesel engines. Good question that I would be interested in others comments in as well.

The VR is VERY picky about the intake of air, unlike cars and diesels. Too much air can affect your gas mileage and performance. K&N's allow more air intake than the standard filters, unless you totally change the jets, settings, etc. on the carbs.

Try resetting the synch on your carbs, make sure the butterfly valves are set the same at idle and your filter is clean and/or replaced.