IGNORED

VMAX diff

YYZ

I ordered a 2002 VMAX diff off ebay but when it came I realized it does not have the speedo hole. Does anyone know what years have them and what years don't?

thanx

pegscrapper... did a couple for me although I'm not sure if he's still doing it. Lynn.... if you are, and read this, let us know... :) I have another one... :whistling:

Been researching this myself and the issue seems to be that vmax rear diffs are not machined for a speed sensor, therefore the need to have your 10 tooth pinion gear swapped for the vmax 9 tooth gear, either by sending your diff in for a rebuild or direct exchange from sportmax.

I need to do the swap on my sidecar rig to reduce clutch slip starting off and so i can pull 5 gear at the speed limit.

They are not machined for the speedo. When converting a venture you swap the gears and set up the rear end. Or machine the casing. Or go to the tech section here http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13266 There is contact info for the guys that swap the gears and set up the rear end for you. They normally put together and sell whole units but since you have both the v-max and your original you might call them and see if something can be worked out.

Mike