IGNORED

Went on a Harley demo ride this morning...

Guest Swifty

Guest Swifty

More clarification...

I'm not down on Harley for their persona. I'm not down on Harley for the bike. I'm simply exclaiming my incredulity at the brain who decides to buy one given what I continue to see what the bike offers for the price. That's all; simple as that.

BUT when someone says the bike is smooth, or that they paid the big bucks for one because it fired up in any weather without choke (as if there isn't any other bike that will do that) ...well...all I can say about them is that they've already had their fill of burnt stew!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Swifty
next month Swifty is taking a scooter for a test run.

Maybe I'll take that scooter and challenge Eddie to a race at maintenance day.

When riding fast following someone through the twisties. I have to ask myself WTH is wrong with that guy. I find myself wanting to stay up with him just to see when the ut-oh thats gonna hurt happens.:mo money: Especially if its a older {fart} guy.:stirthepot::rotfl::rotfl::whistling::D

I'll take on the winner!! I'll admit quickly that my pocket book is one reason I don't ride Hardley anymore. And comparing the ones I rode to the new ones is unfair. But I really like the 1st Gen. It would take a lot of bike to get me off it. If I ever decide to go new (and I could swing one if I really wanted) I would have to look close at the Wings. My Harley chopper will always be in my heart. Girls fought to get on the back of that thing!!!

I have had that happen twice. Once at a gas station and the other was my neighbor.

I had a friend sell his HD and asked me if I wanted to buy his HD riding jacket...I said why would I do that, I ride a yamaha. He just looked at me, and we had ridden together??? WOW!:confused24:

BUT when someone says the bike is smooth, or that they paid the big bucks for one because it fired up in any weather without choke (as if there isn't any other bike that will do that) ...well...all I can say about them is that they've already had their fill of burnt stew!

I didn't say I paid big bucks for my Harley, I said I looked at what was available, and found a nice bike. At first I wouldn't even look at Harley because of the price, but after test riding lots of bikes and weighing everything, I felt like the one I bought was the one that I wanted.

I rode my Yamaha for a couple of years, and sold it for almost 3 thousand dollars less than I paid for it. I feel like I got a good deal on my Ultra. I've had it for about 2 1/2 years, and according to local Craislist ads, it's still worth what I paid. Do I think those ads are a true indicator of what they go for, probably not, but I feel like i got what I paid for. When I visit Harley forums, I still feel like I have to defend my Japanese bike riding friends.

I really don't visit Harley forums much, because of the attitude a lot there seem to have towards other brands. Like I've said before, I like to ride, it doesn't matter to me what you ride. I was riding with some guys from work last year, four Harleys and 1 Honda. We got home way after dark, because the Honda kept shutting off, and we'd have to wait around until someone could get it running again. I know it could have just as easily been one of the Harleys, so I don't come on here bashing Hondas, but the truth is, not all people can afford a new bike, so we tried o help the guy with the old Honda get his bike going and nobody made jokes or laughed at the guy.