IGNORED

Did you install your own hitch or paid to have installed ?

AngryAmish

AngryAmish I would be glad to help if you need it, most hitch set ups for the Ventures only require that you remove the spanner section that connects the left and right saddlebag supports and replace it with the hitch, mine is 4 bolts. I do have harnesses available, I would suggest using a isolator for the trailer, that will keep the added electrical off of the bike's harness, if the trailer has LEDs you could do without the isolator. Also if your trailer is wired for a four wire set up you will need a convertor to go from the blke's five wire system to the trailer's four wire system, both the isolator and the convertor can be found at Electrical Connection. http://www.electricalconnection.com/wire-harnesses/hrns-trailer.htm

Call me or email me , my contact info is in my profile.

I may just do that Steve. I know you are not too far from NSB. I can stop by on my way on my trip north. I will call/email you weeks before I head up in mid-May. Thank you Steve :)

Armando

I bought a hitch from Carbon One, and he delivered it to Freebirds so I could install it at MD, while others where around that could help me. I am not mechanically inclined. I was surprised at how easy it was to install. Only four bolts to take out the metal piece and put the hitch in the same place. Then put four bolts back in and your done.

The wiring on the other hand was too complicated for me. Another member here (Thank you again Saddlebum) installed the wiring for me. I could say he helped me do it, but that would be a lie. He did it all. I really had no clue. I moved things and got him things. That is how I helped him.

This will be my 5th summer with the hitch. It works great. I have been towing a large tent trailer and never had a problem.

Best of luck in your decision. When people on this site say they will help you. They will. You just have to not be too shy to accept it. I had this problem and still do at times. We all must step out of our comfort zones and see the benefits.

Life is good, riding is good, but the site is great! This Venture site will improve your life with friends, knowledge and of course your riding season.

Take a chance, take charge and take control my friend.

Dave aka Dogman

Do the hardware yourself. Just bolts. No jack, no torque, no brainer.

And then if you need help on the wiring, maybe Steve K,,, who happens to make the harness on this site, can help. M61A1MECH

His Member/Vendor ad: http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=4200&title=auxillary-tail-light-harness-for-royal-star-venture&cat=35

He lives in Edgewater, FL. Just shoot across on I-4

Steve is an excellent help regarding these things. Super nice as well.