IGNORED

seat cover

Hello...

Does anybody have an old seat cover for an 83-85 they would like to give up for use as a pattern? I am looking to recover my seat and sew one up myself. It doesn't need to be in great shape just good enough to disassemble and trace the pattern. I would like to then post the pattern back to the site for future use.

• 3 weeks later...

Update and thanks to reddevilmedic for the seat cover to use as a pattern. The vinyl is cut and ready for sewing. I probably will get to it later this week. Running some samples through the Consew 226 now make sure the stitching is right.

Using an industial machine and #92 polyester thread. I will try to document the sewing procedure during the assembly as it has to sewn in a specific order. The trickiest part was making the pattern from the old seat.

Well the seat is done. I'm pleased with the results but I would make a few minor adjustments to the process and the fittment on the next go-round. No doubt the hardest part was sewing up the backrest as there is some tricky alignment for the side pieces and when you look at the individual pieces they dont look like they fit together. Using the index marks from the original was essential to getting it right. I would have to say that if you are not experienced at sewing this would be a tough one. Attached is a photo of the finished product. As far as comfort, it feels good sitting on it in the garage but I don't have any road time on it yet. I did replace the foam in the cover (sandwiched in to create the stitch pattern) with 1/2" 2.2 lb medium density foam. I expect this will provide a little better ride on the long runs.

Edited by stanG

Open for business... I'm looking to take on a few re-cover jobs for members if you are interested. PM me to dicuss what you have and what you want.

Not having that sticky vinyl is a REAL PLUS!