Buzzard1

Guest KitCarson

For the RSV........The company KRISS makes a very good one. It simply plugs into the back of the headlight if you have the sealed beam...or the back of the bulb if you have the bulb style headlight. You can be as simple as running the sensor to the outside and tying it with a wire tie....or you can get fancy like I did and spit the fairing and drill a small hole and epoxy the sensor into the top of the dash. I also used velcro on the fairing and on the back of the modulator body to hold it secure. This is a good product.....and right in line with the price of all of them.......and has excellent instructions in included.

Hope this helps........do a search on computer.....Motorcycle modulators and click on the Kriss site.

Guest KitCarson

I am all for modulators.....they do make you more visible........but do provoke some strange things sometimes.......such as the fellow in the little burgandy pick-up that passed me yesterday.......flew around me with cell phone glued to this ear.......driving with his knees and writing with the other hand.....looked in the mirror and saw my lights flashing(mine are very bright!!) Thought I was the law.......slammed on the brakes.....slid over off the side of the road....almost into the ditch..........do not know if he swallowed his cell phone or not.......I just smiled and kept going.......this place is getting like Florida.......constant stream of traffic......so the idiot factor is getting quite high!!

I have the Kisan unit from Custom Dynamics on my bike - fairly easy to install. I agree with Kit - some people don't know what these are - and might do stupid things. On the other hand, I like being seen. I am still "playing" with when I use them - mostly on the two lane roads, often on the freeway and in town. But if I am riding with the pack, I will leave them off unless leading the ride.

• 2 weeks later...