IGNORED

2006 Jeep Liberty CRD NOT BIKE RELATED

93 venture

I AM LOOKING FOR ANYONE THAT HAS HAD OR HAS A JEEP LIBERTY DIESEL. I AM AT THE END OF MY ROPE WITH THIS THING, I THINK MY EGR VALVE HAS GONE BAD AGAIN, HAD IT REPLACED BY THE DEALER AROUND 22,000 MILES AND HAS BEEN OK TILL NOW.

HAS 38,000 MILES ON IT NOW WARANTY IS GONE AND GOT A LOW POWER PROBLEM AT TIMES WITH BLACK SMOKE AND DROPING CYLINDERS AT TIMES

MOST OF THE TIME IT JUST HAS LOW POWER AFTER IT IDLES FOR 2-3 MINUTES, THEN I JUST SHUT IT OFF AND FIRE IT BACK UP AND EVERTHING IS GOOD, UNTIL I LET IT IDLE AGAIN.

I PUT A CHEAP SCANNER ON IT TO READ THE CODES AND I DONT THINK IT IS GIVING ME THE RIGHT CODE P0069, THIS CODE ISNT FOR THIS JEEP ITS LIKE A GM CODE.

I WOULD JUST REMOVE THE EGR AND SEE IF ITS JUST PLUG UP WITH GUNK, BUT ITS NO EASY THING TO REPLACE.

THATS WHY IM ASKING FOR SOME INPUT IF I SHOULD TRY TO CLEAN IT OR JUST REPLACE IT.

JUST WANTED TO SEE IF ANYONE ELSE HAS HAD THIS PROBLEM WITH THESE JEEP DIESEL OR IF IM THE ONLY FOOL THAT GOT ONE OF THESE JUNKERS, THANKS:mo money::mo money::mo money:

maybe you need to get a "parts" jeep.....:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

YES A PARTS JEEP OR REAL BIG CLIFF. I ORDERED A PART TODAY ONLINE,TRYED TO GET AT DEALER BUT NONE ARE TO BE FOUND. I JUST WANT TO GET IT FIXED AND TRADE IT OFF. TO BAD ALL OF THE AMERICAN CARS ARE JUNK.

I THINK NEXT TRUCK WILL BE TOYOTA, JUST LIKE MY BIKE GONNA BURN RICE. :banana:

• 8 months later...
Guest Prophet4God
i am looking for anyone that has had or has a jeep liberty diesel. I am at the end of my rope with this thing, i think my egr valve has gone bad again, had it replaced by the dealer around 22,000 miles and has been ok till now.

has 38,000 miles on it now waranty is gone and got a low power problem at times with black smoke and droping cylinders at times

most of the time it just has low power after it idles for 2-3 minutes, then i just shut it off and fire it back up and everthing is good, until i let it idle again.

i put a cheap scanner on it to read the codes and i dont think it is giving me the right code p0069, this code isnt for this jeep its like a gm code.

i would just remove the egr and see if its just plug up with gunk, but its no easy thing to replace.

thats why im asking for some input if i should try to clean it or just replace it.

just wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem with these jeep diesel or if im the only fool that got one of these junkers, thanks:mo money::mo money::mo money:

hey could you tell me the part that i have to replace to make it to where i dont have to restart it to run right my friend told me it might be the seals in my turbo but i really need to know what it is

EGR, MAP Sensor, etc all effect the emissions of the vehicle and should be covered under the emissions warranty. Although Basic warranty is 3yr 36,000, I believe the federal law for emissions related components is 5year 80,000. Research it before you go spending your own money on this. If the dealer says its not covered make them show you in writing in the warranty policy where its not. They have detailed handbooks and what parts are covered and for how long.They don't always use them. Look in your Owners manual or warranty book. There is along list of items covered under the emissions warranty. Generally if the component affects operation and can cause the vehicle to pollute, its covered. My mazda battery was covered under the 4yr 48k mile bumper to bumper. Dealer said no. I showed him the Owners manual section on warranty, he looks it up in his book, I got a new battery. Make them do the home work and fix the truck.

On edit :Well after all that, its got a 5yr100k powertrain warranty.

This article says starting in 2006 all Liberty CRD (engine)gets a 5yr/100,000 mile warranty. Check it out

http://www.greencarcongress.com/2005/06/jeep_libtery_di.html FOund some other articles as well, the engine and powertrain have a 5yr 100k mile warranty. Get it fixed under warranty. Same for the guy with the bad turbo.

Unfortunately, the Jeep CRD is an Italian made diesel with lots of emissions stuff bolted on to meet US regs. They found something that would fit, instead of altering the design to use a Mercedes built diesel, trying to keep the price down.

RSTDdog

Edited by RSTDdog
Warranty article

What i found wrong with mine was the map sensor was pluged up with carbon,took it out cleaned it off and then ordered a new one and fixed the low power problem and check engine light.

If your out of waranty you need to go to some of them jeep forums and find out how they got rid of the problems.

After the dealer had replaced the egr valve 2 times and put the cac hose back on 3 times from to much oil in the system,and the torque converter failed 2 times i traded it off.

I got me a 06 1500 ram with a hemi, best truck i have ever had.