IGNORED

Oil light

Here's one for you guys, I have searched many pages and have not seen anything about this. I change my oil regularly and the oil level is fine but at different times on a ride my oil light will start to flash and at some points stay on for what seems to be minutes. Sometimes I engage the clutch and rev the bike it may go away. Any thoughts as to what the cause of this is?

It's not a pressure measure, the indicator is supposed to come on if the oil level in the pan is low. There is a float switch in the pan that grounds the circuit when the level is low.

Hard acceleration causes the oil to slosh to the rear of the pan and may trip the indicator.

Possibly the sender is acting up. Also, a break in the insulation on the lead could cause it to ground intermittently to the engine or frame.

I suppose it's also possible the CMS is acting up.

Disconnect and tape off the wire from the sensor and see if the problem goes away. If it does the problem is the sensor. If not, the issue is either an intermittant short in the wiring harness, or as mentioned the Computer Monitoring System (CMS). You masy want to take your sdash apart and resolder the pin connectors as the solder joints are over 20 years old and most likely have deteriorated. Resoldering usually fixes this.

The same thing should be done to your controller for the CLASS as it causes problems with your air suspension...