IGNORED

in need of mirror mount

Not to Hijack the goal of this thread but I too would like to change out my left mirror on my '89 VR. All my past VRs had the same problem, the left mirror just does not adjust out enough. Right side is fine. so looking for mirror upgrade replacements. Plus that would give me a set of replacements when my BAD drop comes... thanks

Gwashorn, your problem could be your front fairing subframe may be bent preventing the mirror's normal adjustment to go far out enough. ***EDIT*** Oops, just reread your thread and you say you had another 1st gen with the same issue... 'Medic, sorry, had a lot of things going on this weekend and forgot aboutr you. I'll check this morning. You just need the aluminum base piece??

Gwashorn, your problem could be your front fairing subframe may be bent preventing the mirror's normal adjustment to go far out enough. ***EDIT*** Oops, just reread your thread and you say you had another 1st gen with the same issue... 'Medic, sorry, had a lot of things going on this weekend and forgot aboutr you. I'll check this morning. You just need the aluminum base piece??

thanks and actually this is my 4th VR and they all had the same issue so it is ME that has the issue I guess. they just don't move outward or pivot as far as I would like to see. Never seems to adjust out enough. So have been hoping there are replacements or other ways to deal with it. Then my original mirrors can be spare parts should I ever need one. thanks.

thanks and actually this is my 4th VR and they all had the same issue so it is ME that has the issue I guess. they just don't move outward or pivot as far as I would like to see. Never seems to adjust out enough. So have been hoping there are replacements or other ways to deal with it. Then my original mirrors can be spare parts should I ever need one. thanks.

i did a mirror mod...

If you can tolerate handlebar mount mirrors, the metric style mirrors with left and right threads screw right into the clutch and brake master cylinders...

Someplace on this site there is a detail about takiong the bases from the left and right mirrors and drilling and tapping so you can screw regular handlebar mirrors into them. That's why I just happened to have an extra base, but never did the project...