IGNORED

Another backrest qustion

billmac

I have a 07 RSTD with stock seat. I have a 2000 RSV back rest. Can I just change the bracket for the passenger seat for a 2000 bracket or modify the bracket to work with the 07 Pass seat? Most of the time I ride solo so I have the option of not have a Pass seat mounted. Would I have to drill holes to mount the 2000 brkt or would it bolt where the 07 brkt is?

Guest scarylarry

You might contact maker and ask them..

If is utopia they are great to work with and they do have a website that might answer your question...

I can and will help you, but first need to know what mfg backrest your working with?

The utopia is the same for both 2nd gen venture and tour deluxe.

Mike

Yeah Mike, but I THINK he's asking about using the backrest as a passenger backrest?:confused24: At least that's how I'm reading it, otherwise it should be a simple bolt up for the RSTD driver seat. I modified the Utopia off my '04 RSV to fit the '03 Roadstar and used the passenger seat bracket to mount it to, but I'm getting something different here.

I'll get the info if he has it. What I know is that he had it on his 2000 venture. the mounting brkt has two holes to mount to the front of the pass seat brkt where you put the bolts to hold the pass seat on. I've been told I can change the brkt on my RSTD to the mounting brkt of a 2000 venture and modify my pass seat or change to a venture seat. also been told I would need to drill my fender to mount the venture brkt and another person said it should bolt right on to the holes for my RSTD brkt. the people i know that have ventures have them in storage for the winter and don't feel like going their to pull the seat so I can have a look. I'm not out any money yet unless I can get it to work. told the brkt is around $17.00 and my dealer has to order the brkt and don't know if I would need to modify it or not. and the other dealer wants me to come to them and see if it will work. it's winter here and I won't ride my bike in the conditions we have now. I was hoping some one would actually know if the brkt was all I needed and a simple change. Other riders I know are spending the winter in warm places and I cannot contact them.

After more searching this would be more work and $$$ than I want to put into it just to have a drivers backrest. Just glad this was a want and not a need project. I will keep an eye out for a set up that just bolts up without mods to work. Someone will have a set up put up and decide to sell it.