IGNORED

radiator leak???

ok guy's ,i just walked out into garage and lifted cover off of bike( i live in buffalo ny..28 degrees,haven't ridden since Thanksgiving day,have stared it ,about a month ago)..So i lift off cover and i see a stream of Antifreeze on the mat,size and length of a straw...never a drop before..any answers or comments would be great..Thanks...Anything to really worry about??

My '99 will leak a little from the front left cyl. head gasket when the temp drops to around freezing. Had the head bolts re-torqued but it didn't help. When the engine warms up, even on a cold day the leak stops. Never any indication of antifreeze in the oil. Will require a head gasket in the future but the engine must be removed to do the repair. Good Luck.

Like stated look behind the fin covers on each cylinder little black plug seaps from time to time I put right-stuff on them and it leaked no more

note: if you pull them little plugs the anitfreeze will go everywhere so be ready for a mess to clean up.

Also check hose clamps mine was seaping above the front cylinders had to remove gas tank to find the leak once I seen is was from the hose clamps I use a 2 foot screwdriver to reach them and tighten them up fixed that leak as well.

Buddy

• 3 months later...