IGNORED

9mm issues

painterman67

ok all you gun gurrus out therre. I have a ruger dc95 in 9mm that I have had for 20 yrs or so. Never had a problem until today. When my wife started shooting it today it was failing to eject and stove piping the next on the ones that did eject. So I tried the next clip and no problems all fired in either single shooting or rapid fire. Next she reloaded another clip and same thing it did for her first time. I then loaded the same clip that just did that to eleminate clip issues and sure enough no probs. What could cause this? every time she fired it it jammed or failed to feed and when I fired it no problems. Im confused

thanks in advance

David

its probably because you hold it firmer than her, i'e you stop the gun from recoiling and allowing the slide to return all the way and when she fires it it the gun slops back and she takes the force required to properly eject the cartridge. it seems like the slide is getting sticky and its just where its beginning to interfere or your springs are getting worn out.

echo the limp wrist, can she grip comfortably with one hand or is the handgun too large? The grip should not be a death grip nor loose. A common error is to relax all fingers and not just the trigger finger. Get some snap caps (simunition) and mix them in no surprises here she should know about it but you are trying to see if she is anticipating the next shot. The idea is to point out bad habits, do not break her confidence, but improving form and build muscle memory with good skills.

They can also be used for trigger control drills without going through a bunch of ammunition.

In addition you can shoot a hotter load and/or put in a stiffer spring.

If it functions for you and not her, it almost certainly has something to do with technique...as already stated. Just one of the reasons I recommend revolvers for ladies who don't shoot much. There MUST be enough resistance against the recoil to allow the slide to use that recoil to travel all the way back, and the spring to push it back into battery, completing the cycle.

There is no doubt that it is her weak hold of the pistol that is causing the malfunction.

If you cannot coach her to her to stiffen her hold (is she using both hands in the Weaver Stance?) then you will have to move her to a lighter calibre weapon.

If she is holding the pistol with one hand then employing a two handed grip will be of benefit.

Here is a link to a description of the Weaver Stance: ttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weaver_stance

Edited by GuardsmanUSA