IGNORED

A few more "new RSV owner" questions?

Buck_Roy

RSV is terrible on hot days. Too much air protection.

I always drop the fork lowers off mine in hot weather. Does'nt do much in traffic but it sure helps air flow when you're moving. The PO of my '99 had a Clearview with the vent in it, but he kept it for his '06, that's probably what I'll go with.

Just noticed your concern with the bagger shield being tinted on the lower portion.

The overwhelming view? is that one must look far enough ahead to make sure the bike will go were your looking. The area below the top of the tinted area is basically what your going to roll over. If that's confusing, you probably need to watch a Ride like a Pro video...

Thanks Captainjoe! I'm familiar with the "Ride Like a Pro" training. a couple of my riding buddies are motor-officers, and I'm lucky enough to be allowed to join them on their practice field. I LOVE the slow speed training!

Actually, I didn't mean I had a concern about being able to look/see through the tinted section of a Baggershield, but rather not sure how it would look on the RSV (as far as appearance) I've seen tinted "shorties" before, they can look good but they're one solid color. But with the Baggershield when you raise the shield by "raising" the second part of the shield, you have a shield that has a "tinted" lower half, and then a "clear" upper part.

I'm just not sure I like the way that looks. I think the concept of the Baggershield is AWESOME, but wish they would offer it in an "all clear" format....

Thanks we2riders, that sounds like a great way to adjust a shield!

And yeah, Wrench, I can see that. I've got two riding buddies who have put the lower "wind wings" on their scooters, and they tell me that those vents help get a lot of air moving down low as well....

Try spending an entire day riding through 100-110 degrees on an HD ElectraGlide Ultra Classic.

They will cook you!

The Venture is almost like riding in AC comfort by comparison.

On the other hand, the HD UltraClassic is a bit warmer in the winter.

Yeah, Brian, I've done that particular bit myself. But they do have those great vents in the lowers, so it's only 108 on your knees....and you get that AWESOME "potato" sound!!

Bha-ha-ha-ha !!!!

:rotf:

My bikes dirty right now but i'll snap a pic of it this morning. It's a 07 midnight. Personnally like the looks.

At first I had the stock, it deveoped cracks at bottom dealer replaced free of charge. I installed a GL1800 vent in the center along with two avation round vents 2 1/2". They were ok but didnt leave in any where near the air the baggershield does.

This comming from a guy who use to take his shield completly off when the temps are +90. I get hot easily. Problem with that is you can't take the shield with you(to bulky) and if it rains(on way back from dragon at aashville rally) it gets very interesting.

By the way a full face is standard euipt. for me.

Edited by CaptainJoe