Put carbs back on bike after removal for exterior cleaning. I did not go into carbs but did seperate the bank. After putting back on bike I noticed my throttle was slow to come back. I adjusted cables and the same thing. Both carb #1 and #2 I noticed that the springs connecting the throttle wheel and connecting the linkage on #2 where not tight. I am pretty sure that is my issue. Now...I dont know why or how they are loose. This might be a stupid question but is this associated with the TPS sensor by any chance. I did not remove the TPS nore bracket connected to #2. I am confused and I am sure I am going to have to remove the bank again but I would like some info on what I need to do. Thanks again!!!

Oh Oh PuttPutt.....Now you see what everyone was talkin about..you are gonna get some I told you so's over this one. :sign07: Check to make sure you repinned the control arm that goes between the banks. It is also really easy to spin the tube with the cable in it that connects the banks, which will change the adjustment. With both ends of the tube clamped down there should be almost no play and no tension. If you have to take them off again, remove the two screws that hold the throttle cable bracket onto the #1 carb diaphragm cover and after the carbs are undone from the boots slide that bracket out from under the cable tube. Then it is easy to remove the cable ends from the throttle wheel without messing up any adjustments. Install in reverse order and no adjustments need to be made to the throttle. Before you re-install the carb banks, turn the throttle wheel and check that everything works. Also check that in the "in" position the choke also has no play and no tension. The linkages that attach to the choke diaphragms should all be sitting in the center of their respective spacers as well so that one click on the choke pulls them all evenly and the same distance, this will also affect throttle response if you are choking one or two of the carbs and not the others.

good luck and holler if you need help.

PS... forgot to address your question about the TPS sensor. I don't think that should be a problem as long as you remember to plug it back in.

Edited by joboo

I needed to oil my throttle cables...I noticed my throttle grip felt really tight...lol..everyone had me worked up thinking I was gonna mess something up. Little bit of oil...hooked up my Carbtune Pro and off we go! You all will learn...I am a non stop tinker and no question should ever be unasked. Thank goodness I found VR! Thanks again Joboo!