IGNORED

Zumo Woes!!!!

Sawhorse

Had problems with my Zumo after I "Upgraded" to the new 3.8 Software Version. After about 2 weeks fighting it, contacting Garmin and consulting the Zumo Forum (http://www.zumoforums.com) I finally got it working normal again and I am a happy Camper. The solution was found thru the forum and not Garmin support. I wanted to share with you because I know many use the Zumo and it may keep you from stressing out for 2 weeks like I did on the problem.

After Installing the 3.8 Software and adding new songs to my SD card for a total of 650 songs I started having problems.

Problem 1: Occasionally I would get a screen saying Updating Bluetooth and would have to shut the Zumo Down and start it back up to get going. Bluetooth would connect to my phone but would disconnect within 30 seconds, I would have to go to the settings and select the phone connection again then it would go thru the cycle again.

Problem 2: When turning the Zumo on, it would go thru the bootup screens, etc and when you select view map it would take 6 minutes for the map to display on the screen, the MP3 player would not list the songs on the zumo until after the map was displayed.

Solution to Problem 1: Removed the new version 3.0 bluetooth software, downloaded the previous 2.4 version and installed it as per this forum link: http://www.zumoforums.com/index.php?topic=3598.0

Solution to Problem 2: Reorganized my music files into folders with no more than 25 songs in a folder. I originally had all the songs (650) in 1 folder. This is what was causing the delay in displaying the map. This forum link explains the problem and give pointers on how to fix it. http://www.zumoforums.com/index.php?topic=3268.0

Glad you got it worked out!

Guess I've been lucky so far. I updated to 3.8 the day after it came out. I haven't seen any problems yet, but I've only used it a few times since upgrading. I'm showing just under 750 songs in 38 folders. The folders have anywhere from 4 to 71 songs in them. I use the bluetooth abilities along with BuddyRich's cable so I can use the phone through the headset.

At least 'll know where to look if I start having problems.

Thanks for the heads up.

You probably haven't had a problem because of the folders, it was taking 6 minutes to open up with all the songs in one folder, I split them into folders with 50 songs and it took about 45 seconds to open, splitting them further to 25 max left me with the about 20 seconds boot time.

Glad you got it worked out!

Guess I've been lucky so far. I updated to 3.8 the day after it came out. I haven't seen any problems yet, but I've only used it a few times since upgrading. I'm showing just under 750 songs in 38 folders. The folders have anywhere from 4 to 71 songs in them. I use the bluetooth abilities along with BuddyRich's cable so I can use the phone through the headset.

At least 'll know where to look if I start having problems.

Thanks for the heads up.

Contact Buddy Rich on this site with a PM, I bet he can get you fixed up with one. The cable connects your GPS to the sound system so you can talk thru the mic of the headset over the phone. Works really great. I hooked mine up inside the fairing, simple and clean process, you need to connect the audio output as well, I put mine in the Aux connector to the Tape Aux port inside the fairing. Makes bluetooth, mp3 and all the noise features of the Zumo available to the sound system. You can hear thru the headset or Bike speakers.

Hi guys I read where you are using your bluetooth through your headset using Buddyrichs cable ....What/where would i get one .I have been trying to figure this out for months Thanks Colin

I think that the new 3.8 software revision is OK. It's the 3.0 bluetooth update that has been causing problems for some people (certain cell phones). You can update to 3.8 without updating the bluetooth. That is what I did and have not had any problems.