IGNORED

Oil Cooler

PGunn

Before I start I want to run this past a few of you guys to see what you think, the first thing I am planing on doing is threading a temp sensor into the oil cooler adapter output side. Next put a DPDT switch in-between it and the water temp gauge with an LEDs to identify which sensor is currently doing the monitoring getting the use out of it for both water temp and oil temp. Next will be mounting the cooler in front of the radiator with a fan and a screen to try to protect everything from road damage. Next with the adapter I am planing on using has a built in thermostat which is set to open when the oil gets above 180 and close when the oil gets below 160 on the flow side that has already gone through the filter. A fan switch set at on at 180 also on the line leading to the cooler. I will be using stainless braid over PTFE lines with 8AN fittings for the oil lines to protect them from damage, lines should be good for a quite a few years. All bends will be handled by AN fittings so kinking the PTFE line won't happen, ok shouldn't....

This is going to be a Fall / Winter project and I would like to get as many kinks worked out before I start. I am due for a coolant and oil change anyways so I figure as long as I doing all that add it now.