IGNORED

Just bought Venture 2004

Hi All, I have bought a 2004 Venture. I previously had Royal Start Boulevard. Here is some finding which I need to fix.

Engine is knocking after replacing original oil and oil filter.

Wobbles at pot holes or humps. I did correct the tire pressure too.

Any Help will be appreciated.

Will check for more and keep you all posted.

:mytruck1:

Venture is using 3 Liters Oil sharp Put your bike on motorcycle stand to level, or I use to use brick under kick stand to check leve of oil.

Cknocking is all depend how hard is sometime my venture use to cknock maybe a few second when is extremly cold, but thats it.

Wobble could be for diferent reasons, I would take Venture to service to check tire and do balancing first, could bad bearings to. I can see in your profile there is a lot of sand in area you leave.

Good luck and ride hard that Venture.

knocking is the word used to describe improper ignition of the fuel. Bad fuel can cause this to happen. There are no 'old style' points to adjust ignition timing on this motorcycle. I presume you have a Yamaha ignition system and not a 3rd party ignition which may allow computer tuning? Is this what you mean by knocking?

The steering head bearings adjustment is documented in several places in this forum. It needs to be done regularly. Riding on rough/bad roads often will cause this. There is a quick way to tighten the steering bearings by tightening them with a screwdriver and hammer; and then the correct way by tightening the nut with a special tool.