IGNORED

Utopia Backrest

wflthree

I love mine. My only complaint might be this summer. Riding in the heat and all my back sweats something fierce while riding. Have thought about making a cover for it out of an old sheepskin seat cover to see if that helps. Any ideas?

That was the first accy I bought for my '04 Venture, I loved it so much that I "re-engineered" the bracket to fit the Roadstar. It made me sit up straighter which really helped my back, both pre and post surgery. The '99 I just bought already had one on it, just tweaked it to fit me, plus I really like that it will fold down flat. They are a little expensive, but well worth the price I believe. It should'nt be a big deal to make a sheepskin cover. Just sew up a pouch to slide over the backrest, maybe a little elastic around the opening to help secure it. I've had the same thing going on with the sweating, but I've never tried sheepskin. Does it really work that well? I'd always thought that it would make the heat worse, nothing more uncomfortable than swamp-butt.

Sheep skin.....

Bought sheepskins in Australia when we were stationed there because so many Aussie riders used them. You do think they would increase the heat but not so. They are comfortable in summer and warmer in winter. The heat in the summer in Exmouth would practically melt the seat on my bike! We are still using the very same sheep skin that we bought there in 1984 BTW!

They do have one drawback however, they are not all that comfy sitting on them wet if you're not wearing a rainsuit :whistling:.