IGNORED

You Tube motorcycle stuff.

Venturous Randy

I seldom go on You Tube, but a friend flagged this to me. It is an intersection car/cycle crash where the car obviously ran a red light. This is not for the faint at heart as the biker took a bad hit.

But, on a lighter note, there are many more short videos attached near that are down right funny and it is amazing how stupid some people are.

RandyA

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a68i-NDjdlc[/ame]

Guest KitCarson

I have made the statement before.......if a motorcyclist runs into a car like that it is no ones fault but theirs.......I watched this clip about ten times, trying hard to move the blame off the biker........no way.......both were at fault and not paying any attention. On a bike that can be deadly, when you approach an intersection you should be geared down......and ready to look for an escape route.....or lock one foot under the left peg......and hit those brakes.......Yea this guy was not paying any attention....he should have seen the car coming and not slowing down.......takes two to tango......they did!!

As for the guy not helping the rider......hey that is the typical reaction in an emergency that most people display, they are excited.....do not do rational things......do not know what to do really.......

Thanks for the clip......did good though.....anything like that that makes one think.....and maybe learn to think.......certainly helps.........for about two months now I will watch intersections more closely........gradually it becomes second nature.........

Yea, I went to school to become an EMT because I saw a guy (pedestrian) get hit by a car and I didn't know what to do.

So, from my perspective; I instantly look to see how the driver or bystanders respond to the guy who got hit. That said, people can do more harm than good if they don't know what to do.

The best thing you can do if your untrained is to keep the injured person still and out of harm. Kneel down and reassure them that help is on the way.