IGNORED

Comedian on his motorcycle wreck

van avery

I didn't think so either. But our IT guys have been scraping off my computer all morning. Something to do with Flash and Java. Apparently "alarms" started going off at IT HQ. They removed and reinstalled Flash and Java, ran a malware scan, removed 1 item. This afternoon I'll find out if they have to wipe the drive completely and start over from bare metal.

The original posted link didn't work. Someone posted another link in a subsequent reply. When I clicked that, I got a whole bunch of attempts to install something, that wouldn't let me get control back. I had to turn off the machine, and apparently something still got through.

Well, the first link didn't work. I posted the second link myself. I went to it a couple of times and watched the video in it's entirety. I got no warnings of any kind and nothing was installed on my computer. I use Norton Antivirus and it detected no problem.

After reading your post, I scanned my system with the latest version of Malwarebytes and then the latest version of IOBit Malware fighter and neither found any malware of any kind. So, I don't know why it affected you and not me but I'm sorry if that link caused it.