IGNORED

Sturgis Concerts Question

Phoneman1981

Hello Everyone: Despite being in the black hills during the Sturgis rally the past 5 or 6 years we have never attended a concert. Until last year we stayed in Custer and always did day rides. Last year we stayed in Sturgis but still did not attend any concerts. I noticed on the web that concerts ticket prices at the Full Throttle range from $45-$60. Bluffalo Chip $52.50-$62.50. But concert tickets at the Broken Spoke for non campers like ourselves are only $20 each. Does anyone have experience with concerts during the rally and can explain the large difference in cost between the Broken Spoke and the others. My wife wants to ride DaBus and attend an evening concert. Is that crazy? Any thoughts or experiences are welcome. Thanks

Hello Everyone: Despite being in the black hills during the Sturgis rally the past 5 or 6 years we have never attended a concert. Until last year we stayed in Custer and always did day rides. Last year we stayed in Sturgis but still did not attend any concerts. I noticed on the web that concerts ticket prices at the Full Throttle range from $45-$60. Bluffalo Chip $52.50-$62.50. But concert tickets at the Broken Spoke for non campers like ourselves are only $20 each. Does anyone have experience with concerts during the rally and can explain the large difference in cost between the Broken Spoke and the others. My wife wants to ride DaBus and attend an evening concert. Is that crazy? Any thoughts or experiences are welcome. Thanks

Full Throttle is FREE utill 7pm then it is $10 with a FREE Drink. There is a VIP pass that will get you close to the stage for prices that you quote. As for Buffalo Chip they charge to get in period no matter what, so you either need to have a camping pass with music pass or you have to buy tix for the individual concerts. Broken Spoke is $10 if you are not camping there. If I read Glencoe's website the concerts there are FREE this year.

So Buffalo Chip is the most expensive place to catch a concert. They have always charged for the concerts in the history that i remember.

I have not taken part of any concerts but plan to do it this year for sure. I am not a big drinker so I will be just riding.

Ride Safe and enjoy. Maybe we will catch up at breakfast while out there.

Guest tx2sturgis

Most of those concert tickets include a night at the campground, if u wish to stay late and bring a bedroll. Some of them allow coolers brought in, some don't. Best to check before hauling one to the gate. Also, I highly recommend either a sportchair or a thick blanket, and at LEAST a plastic poncho (or big trash bag) for each person...the Black Hills can surprise you with a cold drenching rain with little warning.

And DaBus is a great way to get around actually, (especially if you are planning to consume adult beverages) and I believe it makes runs every 15 minutes, but that may have changed. I believe it operates till 1 am, again not sure, that may have changed also. Last time I rode it you just tip the driver, no fee involved.,.and drunk women riding on it will often flash the other passengers. Just a perk.... ;-)

As far as ticket price difference, just look at the all-star lineup at BuffaloChip and then look at the B-listers at the others. Then you'll understand the ticket prices. Plus Broken Spoke is a ways out there. Not a bad ride unless it's raining hard. Ask me how I know!

Edited by tx2sturgis

Thanks Guys for your input. My wife and I are not big drinkers but do like an occasional beer. We have rode shuttle buses to other events other events and yes, it can be entertaining at times. Thanks for your advice. Thought we might try it? I sure hope to meet up with everyone this time!!!!:)