IGNORED

Stock 08 RSTD luggage rack & Sissy bar bag

ghs3

Hey all, hope I posted this in the right place...

I've got a 2 week cruise coming up in September and I ordered the stock Yamaha luggage rack for my 08 RSTD, looking to mount a sissy bar bag for some extra storage. I'm mainly looking to move the odds-n-ends I carry in my bags to the rack - you know shield cleaner, rain suit, gloves, etc...

I've been looking at VikingBags, Tourmaster, Saddleman (and others) and they all have decent-looking bags, but the stock rack isn't flat - it's straight for about 6 in. then it angles up for maybe 3 in. more. So the bags with hard, flat bottoms won't sit flush on the rack. I'm wondering if a round bag such as the Tourmaster Select Sissy Bar bag would work better. And some of these bags don't seem to have much options regarding mounting.

So question is: anybody got a recommendation on a good bag for mounting on an 08 RSTD stock luggage rack? Be nice if it was big enough to hold an XXL full face helmet as well as the odds-n-ends listed above, but not Wingebago size. :)

I have the Saddlemen S2200E for most of our running around and 2-3 day weekend stays. It fits fine on the Yamaha luggage rack. We like it because you can expand the sides if needed for some extra room. you can put a full face helmet in it.

I also have a big honkin Saddlemen 3200 bag for our week to two week rides. Doesn't sound like you would need anything that big. The S2200E sounds perfect for you. It also comes with a rain cover, and a soft roll bag that clips onto the top if needed.

I'll be the first one to tell you the Royal Star Tour Deluxe luggage rack is a stupid design. Its not wide enough. I get jealous when I see other bikes with nice big/wide racks. Lol.