IGNORED

Antenna buzzing

Guest Rev'n Ahead

Guest Rev'n Ahead

Ok... So, I installed an aftermarket Radio and an antenna from my local CTC.

The Radio is buzzing like crazy with antenna installed, but shuts up when it's unplugged. The antenna is installed correctly - I think. I thought it might not be grounded well enough so I removed the antenna and ground it directly to the frame... still buzzing. :confused24:

HELP

Guest Rev'n Ahead

static sound... like it's shorting out... I've only tried it with the engine on as I did not want to run the battery down.

I'll try it and report back

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Rev'n Ahead

Ok... sorry it has been a while since I've been online.... to busy riding around the countryside enjoying the scoot.

anyways. Yah, the radio isn't working. With the bike running, it works on half volume (but I can't hear it) and anything higher than that and it cuts in and out... choppy. Really sucks.

Anyone know why it would do this? The only thing which I did (not according to instructions) was wired up the two power leads ( I think one is for memory and the other should be switched power) directly to the fuse box lead. they are on the same power source, not on the permanent power source...

HELP... I'm enjoying the riding, but not the tunes...

But, it looks good...

Cheers,

Guest Rev'n Ahead

and, the antenna's not buzzing anymore... I re did the ground on it and on the radio.

But the music is choppy (cutting in and out) at anything past half volume...

help...

It could be that your radio isn't rated for driving 4 Ohm speakers and the reduced resistance is making the output amplifiers distort and the clipping shuts down the output amps, which stops the audio and thus no clipping so then kicks back on, where (at that volume) it clips and shuts down. Check the radio manual for the output resistance requirements.