IGNORED

Thinking of a new seat.

Just remember unless you have a identical twin to tell you it's a good seat or not, it won't mean much as we are all different. I was all set to spend the big $$ for a Russel seat and then found after my first long trip that the factory non pillow top seat works just fine for me. Unfortunately the only way to know for sure if a certain seat will be what you are looking for is to try one.

Just remember unless you have a identical twin to tell you it's a good seat or not, it won't mean much as we are all different. I was all set to spend the big $$ for a Russel seat and then found after my first long trip that the factory non pillow top seat works just fine for me. Unfortunately the only way to know for sure if a certain seat will be what you are looking for is to try one.

Absolutely true! Not only do you have to ride it, you have to ride it for awhile. Like a month or so.

You can't form a valid opinion until the saddle is broken in, and then you ride on it for a couple thousand miles.

I've been having a lot of butt burn the past couple of years. A friend suggested it is because of my age, and the loss of butt muscle to pad between bone and saddle. This makes sense to me. I've clearly lost the very fine rear end that once brought unsolicited compliments from ladies. It may be why I like my hard Corbin Dual Tour less now than I did ten years ago. So maybe an old timer will prefer a more pillowy saddle. Something to consider, if you're in your sixties.

red rider, i do have that same seat on my bike, i love the looks of the seat, however it's a bit firmer than the original stock pillow top seat and sets you forward more and taller in the saddle. come on down to the leaf looker ride in october and take it for a spin if you want to.

mike