IGNORED

Fuel Price's

GeorgeS

OK, I need confirmation on this from our friends up in Central Canada !!

Yesterday, I was at a Ham Radio Convention, in SeaSide, Oregon. ( a yearly event )

I ran into a fellow from Calgary Canada ( An older fellow, as myself ). The discussion went to Gas Price's !!! ( much higher in Canada, he tells me )

My point, here, he say's a personnel friend of his works for one of the companies extracting Crude Oil, in the Oil sands area up there. ( North of Montana ) This fellow told him that the Cost of extracting the Crude from the Shale Sands, up there is about $25.00 a barrel, when the stuff is ready for shipping to Refineries.

(( Of course there is no pipe line, so they send the stuff to China )) :confused24:

So, can any of our Canadian Friends, here confirm what this fellow told me. Being a fellow Ham Radio Operator, I tend to believe him. But, you never know, so I'm looking for any confirmation here, as to the cost of crude oil from Centeral Canada ??:whistling::whistling:

I can't tell you the cost of extraction.

What I can tell you is that Canada sells the crude at a set cost to refineries in the states and then buys the refined product back at slightly higher price when crossing the border. For an example: Shelby, MT average price of gas $3.77/G (about. $0.99/L) and just north across the border Milk River, AB $4.46/G ($1. 18/L)