IGNORED

Just got back from a 1,000 mile Northern trip.

FuzzyRSTD

My friend JD Holbrooks and I just got back today from a trip that we planned back in December of last year. We rode just a few miles shy of 1,000 miles since last Friday evening. We had a good time and I really enjoyed the ride.

I love my new Flanders bars and my Stainless cables. The bars seemed to be low at first here at the house on a short ride. So Thursday night I raised them and and left out Friday around 2 PM. They where just right and made a big difference for me. I also had the foam grip add ons over the grips. We got up around Lake Erie on Saturday and I took the foam grips that stretch over bar ends off. They where to beefy for me.They made my hands feel like they had to much in them. So then the rest of the trip was even better after that.

We rode over into Michigan and down to Clearwater, Michigan and spent the night at a Holiday Inn Exp. A very nice hotel and tell Brittany Hi from me. Very very very clean hotel. Brittany was so nice and I had to call her back to find the hotel even with the GPS, we where both lost. Kinda hard to see and find. Right beside interstate 69 on the south side behind Ky Fried Chicken and a great big leafy tree blocking the only sign.

I ran across a fellow on down in Indiana as we headed south. The fellow said he knew about the Venture Rider Site and that he knew a fellow back where he lived in Northern Michigan that had a 1st Gen and that he belonged here on the site ??????. Would have been smart for me to remember his name though, sorry. This fellow had two bikes, one he had bought for his ex-wife (Victory maybe) and another that he was pulling a pop up tent trailer with, a Harley. He worked with the company some selling the pop up tent motorcycle trailers. The square ones that keep you up off the ground. A nice trailer.

[ATTACH]67813[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]67814[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]67815[/ATTACH]

MY Bike and Lake Erie.....My friend JD Holbrooks and his Harley RK.....Me and my bike and the lake. Ohio Rt 6 and Rt 2 along the lake and across the bay up around Port Clinton I think it was.

The weather was really cool around Lake Erie. Michigan was just right but really really really dry. Indian north was hot and dry, south was nice. We stayed at the Comfort Inn in Madison,Indiana last night. Nice, and very very clean hotel. Came home this morning.

[ATTACH]67816[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]67817[/ATTACH]

I rode in some of the flattest country I have ever rode in my life, Indiana cornfields for miles and miles. JD will lead sometimes, but 90% of the time I am leading because he wont do it. He does seem to get us lost easy, but who cares, where riding. Indiana Rt 3 South.

I am so glad to be able to be back on the bike. I had some shoulder issues, hence the surgery, not to bad at all on the trip. I did Physical therapy while on this trip. I carried a big plastic coat hanger to do my therapy with. We had a great time. Good to be back riding.

Fuzzy

Edited by FuzzyRSTD

Sorry the pictures where not that great. I didn't mention that I forgot my video/camera at home. I had to use my old cell phone. I felt so stupid when we got about 100 mile from home and I realized I had forgotten it.

JD had an I-phone and it took good pictures and really good video to. I am going to try to get him to e-mail some copies.

Fuzzy