IGNORED

Installing DiamondR lightbar

Guest KitCarson

That is a pain taint/t it!! No instructions in the box....well you have a 50-50 chance.........Okay the light bar itself........the brown or dark wire is the running light part of the LED.......the green and yellow stripped wire is the actual brake light of the LED. Under the riders seat.......right by the battery you will see the wire harness come out from under the fender and will be able to access the wires and tie in with fast locks there........if I remember right, the yellow wire is the brake.......so tie that one into the Green/yellow on the LED.......and the blue wire is the running light......tie that one to the dark wire on the LED..........you can use a ohm meter to check to make sure......just put one lead to the pin plug and the other to the frame.......I think I remember it right.........just run some extra wire up under the passenger seat and to the LED and up to the tie in point under the riders seat.

Does any one have instructions for installing this light bar and which wires to connect so it works with brake and regular lights. Appreciate the help. Thanks.

If all else fails call Allen at Diamond R..He stayed PATIENTLY on the phone and step by step guided me thru installing my saddlebag trim rail lights and trust me I am color blind and electrical is my BIGGEST weakness but he got me squired away! Tom

• 2 weeks later...
That is a pain taint/t it!! No instructions in the box....well you have a 50-50 chance.........Okay the light bar itself........the brown or dark wire is the running light part of the LED.......the green and yellow stripped wire is the actual brake light of the LED. Under the riders seat.......right by the battery you will see the wire harness come out from under the fender and will be able to access the wires and tie in with fast locks there........if I remember right, the yellow wire is the brake.......so tie that one into the Green/yellow on the LED.......and the blue wire is the running light......tie that one to the dark wire on the LED..........you can use a ohm meter to check to make sure......just put one lead to the pin plug and the other to the frame.......I think I remember it right.........just run some extra wire up under the passenger seat and to the LED and up to the tie in point under the riders seat.

You got it all alright. I verified with ohm meter and was able to splice them in under the seat. Very neat. Thanks for the help. Appreciate it, feel safer now with some more light back there.