I assume you are referring to the float valve seats.

I have not removed mine either time I was into carbs. There is a fine screen in there allegedly, which I have sprayed carb cleaner into and used air hose to blow out in reverse direction.

Carb kit I got had seats in them, but not the brass plug to install them.

Gary

Yes the float seats. Thanks for the tip! So there is no simple way to remove them without the brass plug?

Nope. No easy way and more than likely unneeded work. You fill find rare and I mean rare cases where the seats are damaged to the point of needing to be replaced. The needle tips will fail long before the seat itself.

If you look at the top of the carb body next to the overflow vent pipe you will see a small round plug. That can be drilled into, not even all the way through and run a screw into it and pry it out. If you go all the way through it you can damaged the small net filter under it between the plug and the seat. Once the plug is out you can lift out the seat with a piece of wire.

Then you will need the new seat, net filter and the new plug. The plug gets pressed in and a lite stake to seal it.

Best bet for my money...... from the inside of the fuel float chamber, remove the needle and float. Spray carb cleaner through the seat from the inside towards the overflow. This should remove any debris in the net filter. Simply install the new needle and readjust the float level.

You should be fine.

If you decide to do this.... make sure of availabilty of those plugs before you start. I had to do some chasing back when I did mine.

Mike

Edited by Snaggletooth