IGNORED

Buying a Royal Star 96

Hi, i am interested in a Royal star 96, is not in optimal condition but is cheap. I like challenges but would like to know what are the know problems i can find out so i can look for them.

Ive seen that the 99 and up are a little higher (better ground clearence) than the older one, is it possible to rise the older version? i am a little concern about clearance. I live in a high mountain country. Is possible to adapt the air suspension form the newer models... i like that too.

Can someone tell me what is the normal MPG that this bike does? how long will a tank last. I usually do large trips and with harleys and they have a 200 miles tank...

I appreciate any help given to make my mind about this bike.

I also have the chance for a Road Star, but like this one better (less vibration).

Thanks!!

There is plenty of ground clearance on the 96 whether it be the classic or the deluxe. I do not know about adapting for air but it does not have an air tank. The MPG varies greatly depending on how the bike is configured and the conditions. I have the high windshield and windscreens and a strong headwind really eats the fuel. I probably get on average around 40 MPG (This is Florida and we have no hills and lots of wind!) and range is about 150 miles before the fuel light comes on, which you can run another 40 or so miles before you need to switch to reserve. Other than regular maintenance, I have no issues in-particular to look for. There is a great check list on here for normal bike items to look for when buying a used bike, I can't remember who wrote it so I can't give credit but a search ought to turn it up. :080402gudl_prv: