IGNORED

Air Filter/Air Box Alternative

G'day All;

I notice that there was a thread on this subject where PGunn decided to try fitting Hypercharger Air Filter Units to his bike. This was back in 2008.

Has anyone actually 'eliminated' the existing system and found a new, less 'Bulky' alternative as yet?

Cheers,

Paul.

On Delphi forms a few peeps have removed the footballs and placed small cone filters, for a better choice of words, Looked small and cheezey to me, but to each their own.

Yeah - I guess there has to be something better than that??

Anyway, I think I'll need to think outside the square a little on this one.

Cheers and Thanks,

Paul.

I did this modification back in 2009. Bike runs good today averaging between 39 to 45 mpg, I did have the chrome cap on one of the filters fall off, just as another member had mentioned. Glued it back on and had no further problems! Hope this helps!!

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=30999

Thanks Mate;

I guess that's sort of what I want to do, but also take off the whole Leg Shield assembly.

Of course it would mean dry running only but I guess that's what I mostly do these days and have another bike for when it's wet!

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Paul.

I'm still running those Hyperchargers.

Thanks Mate;

I guess you could run them without the Leg Shields?

This is really what I am trying to achieve. A hyper-charger each side and the shields gone!

Cheers,

Paul.

Thanks Mate;

I guess you could run them without the Leg Shields?

This is really what I am trying to achieve. A hyper-charger each side and the shields gone!

Cheers,

Paul.

Leg Shields (lower farings) -

The leg shields may prove to be a small issue with removeal as on the right side, now this is on a Venture so I may be wrong here, there is a fuse box inside there that will have to be relocated along with the wiring harness.

Hyperchargers -

If you need any help ask away I have mine all setup and working great.

Keep in mind

1) All carbs mains HAVE TO be re-jetted up 2 sizes.

2) All carbs Pilot Jets HAVE TO go up 2 sizes.

This is a real good starting point for the carbs and you should have them re-setup afterwords, dyno if you can. The bike will run after they are installed with or without the re-jetting but you will notice if you don't there is no power and it is running real lean. Exhaust I have run Screamin Eagles (these were way too loud for me) without having to re-jet afterwords. One thing I think you will like is you get a nice sound from them when you crack open the throttle and the response is a little better also.

To get a matched set (right and left sides) you may have to do a mod to one so that when looking from the top down they match. I got lucky and found a matched set on Ebay off a Harley.

These are from 08 but I haven't made any changes after the original mount.

Those Hyperchargers look real good.

I took off the Leg Shields recently and see the problem....I guess if enough time and effort was spent, the 'electrics' etc. on each side could possibly be relocated, but it would take someone with far greater 'ability' then me and therefore no doubt be 'cost prohibitive'!

I guess the leg shields help keep the Engine and my Boots clean though eh? hehehe....

just don't like th 'Bulky' look of them, but can live with it!

Cheers,

Paul.

:detective:

I did this modification back in 2009. Bike runs good today averaging between 39 to 45 mpg, I did have the chrome cap on one of the filters fall off, just as another member had mentioned. Glued it back on and had no further problems! Hope this helps!!

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=30999

That is exactly what I had in mind... now to find out how much to import those into Canada