IGNORED

Scala Rider G9 by Cardo Systems

Well,

I just received our Scala Rider G9 Bluetooth PowerSet.

I've got a bit to learn about it, and rig my wife's helmet so we can check out the Intercom function, but I did Bluetooth my G9 to my Blackberry Torch and listened to Pandora radio on a 30 min ride.

So far I'm impressed. The sound quality is pretty darn good, even at speed. I even had to turn down the volume on a song or two, but then also had to turn up the volume (It's a Pandora thing). SOOOOOOoooo much better than my Chatterbox wired set.

So, initial thoughts are: worth the cost.

I'll give more thoughts as I continue to set our intercom up and we take a trip together.

:cool10:

• 1 month later...

Well...

We didn't take the bike on our vacation, like we wanted to...

But...

we did use the G9 as we participated on the Run for the Wall.

So...

I have a Blackberry Torch.

Riding solo:

I find that the sound is excellent on my 3/4 helmet, but it depends on the sound source of course. Trying to listen to a podcast above 65 isn't so great, but tunes from Pandora are awesome.

A phone call works pretty good too. I like the one button function for a special number (wife), especially when I'm riding to and from working at the out-of-town stores.

Riding 2-up:

I didn't like that the Blackberry is priority number one, as in phone calls and GPS, in that that priority also becomes the Internet radio of Pandora and Podcasts. Thereby making the intercom chat function priority 2.

I found that, the only way of changing my Pandora priority to lower than the intercom chat is by wiring the phone to the aux jack on the side of the G9. Something that I was trying to get away from... the wires.

But, if the speakers are placed correctly, the intercom sounded good to me but became somewhat garbled around 70ish.

Some of that probably would go away if we both used and closed the visors, but when it's hot out... have no desire to do that much.

So... if we ride 2-up, and we want good tunes from Pandora, I'll still just wire the Blackberry into the AUX on the bike and run it through the bike speakers, and keep our intercom open with it's priority. We have never worried about talking on the phone to anyone before while on the ride, and don't need to start that at anytime in the future either.

I'm waiting to see if they come up with an adapter to be able to use the G9 with a half helmet like the lesser priced versions.

Otherwise, I'd say that the G9 is a good product.

:thumbsup2:

Over all