I was going through the book and taking appraisal (yet again) of my new purchase yesterday, and found that I am missing the passenger CB/Radio Remote switch. Now, I don't know how necessary or how well they work, but it would be nice to have it nonetheless, so I was wondering where one might get their hands on one of these switches. Thanks.

The passenger radio control is definitely a nice piece to have. The radio and intercom will work without the control but the passenger will not be able to control the volume which can result in the sound being too soft or too loud compared to your. They also can't mute the sound or transmit via the CB themselves because of the lack of a PTT button.

I was able to pick one up from another Venture rider for $75.00, it has made it much better for the CoPilot!!:080402gudl_prv:

I was going through the book and taking appraisal (yet again) of my new purchase yesterday, and found that I am missing the passenger CB/Radio Remote switch. Now, I don't know how necessary or how well they work, but it would be nice to have it nonetheless, so I was wondering where one might get their hands on one of these switches. Thanks.

The remotes can be found on Ebay occassionally, but they are pricey. If you don't plan on doing a lot of 2-up riding it might not be worth getting one. A slap up along side the helmet works pretty good on gettiing your attention..... :) Another option is get the passenger there own Ipod. That way she doesn't need to be listening to what you like and visa versa. That and the head slap should work.

I found an old thread where this was addressed, and yeah, new ones are pricey. We're planning to do quite a bit of 2 place, but she does have her own Ipod , so I'm sure it won't be too big of a deal. However, I'm leary of the head slap, she's got a pretty good vantage for a kidney shot...:Laugh:

When I bought my '86 royale, I found the same thing, missing passenger controls. I tried for several months before I finally won one on E-bay at a reasonable price.

the unit comes with a plug and about a 1 foot long coiled cord that stretches to about 3 feet, and the small box that clips into the square empty section of your control center. One of the plugs is for the control, the other is for the headset.

Keep searching E-bay.

When I bought my '86 royale, I found the same thing, missing passenger controls. I tried for several months before I finally won one on E-bay at a reasonable price.

the unit comes with a plug and about a 1 foot long coiled cord that stretches to about 3 feet, and the small box that clips into the square empty section of your control center. One of the plugs is for the control, the other is for the headset.

Keep searching E-bay.

Good description.

If you do get one make sure to lock it up or take it with you since it can be unplugged and walk away very easily. That is unfortunately what happened to mine.