IGNORED

Three Wheel'n

SilvrT

It was Harley demo days yesterday so, as in almost every other year, I just HAD to go.

Tried the Street Glide first, didn't care for the low "shorty" windshield. It also had a more "stretched out" feeling to it ... probably seat design ... I felt like I needed another 4-6 inches arm length.

Next was my fav ... Ultra Limited ... If I had the extra bucks, I'd have one (as an extra scoot). 'nuff said.

Just for the halibut, I decided to try out the Trike ... now THAT is a whole different feeling! If you've ridden a quad ATV, cornering would be similar .... slow speed cornering around city streets I felt like I was going to tip it LOL ... out on the highway it wasn't too bad. One thing is ya don't want to be constantly correcting the steering otherwise you find yourself "wig-wagging" down the road. Then there's the bumps ... holy crap! you try and miss them but it doesn't happen and you can really feel them. I also felt that it was geared differently than a reg bike as 6th gear on the trike felt more like 5th on the Ultra.

Wind protection on all 3 weren't nearly as good as the Wing.

Had me some fun anyway ... and it mostly served to affirm how EASY the Wing is to drive in comparison, not to mention the major difference in power. I had to laff at myself tho as when I got back on the Wing, my legs/feet were looking for the floorboards (riding the Harley and having a 2nd gen for 3 yrs ... it was kinda "natural")

It does take some time to get used to a trike. Initially, there is a feeling that you can tip over when cornering, but it will not happen. Important to stiffen up the front end to reduce the outward lean of the trike when cornering. Even though trikes are steered, not leaned, I feel better leaning my body to the inside of hard curves. This feels natural. With practice, trikers are able to sight many obstacles between the front wheel and one of the rear wheels. Of course, large obstacles cannot be avoided, best to slow down and loosen up your grip on the handlebars. With the stiff front end on our trike, there is some impact, but there is little head shake. One great feature of trikes is stability. Over the weekend, I made a u-turn on a narrow road and ended up driving on a heavily rutted dirt shoulder. No problem, drove like an ATV. Another time, I was in a narrow dead end road, and we needed to turn around. I simply drove up the grass bank and let the trike roll backwards to face the opposite direction. On the highways, 18-wheelers pass us, and our trike doesn't flinch. Feel very safe on our trike knowing it will not fall over. Love our trike!