IGNORED

Have you ever had low audio output on your 1st gen?

rstacy

The radio and CB in my 86 work. Its just that they aren't very loud. I would say that max volume gives about 50% output.

My 89 easily blows it away in volume.

Connections are good at the radio and amp.

Any thoughts?

I had that problem once. My wife had inadvertantly pushed the mute button on her controller. I'd check both mute buttons before I did anything else. There should be a barely visible light go off or on when you push the button. Both mutes have to be in the off position for radio and other controls to get full volume. Guess how I know this ?

Hope this fixes your dilema.

Red Baron:)

I had that problem once. My wife had inadvertantly pushed the mute button on her controller. I'd check both mute buttons before I did anything else. There should be a barely visible light go off or on when you push the button. Both mutes have to be in the off position for radio and other controls to get full volume. Guess how I know this ?

I second this. Had this very thing happen once and it was the driver mute button.

I cant believe that I got caught by that!!!

I'm man enough to admit it!

It wasnt even my wife's. It was mine!

Thanks guys!

Edited by rstacy