IGNORED

Do You Have a Spare Ignition Module for RSV?

LilBeaver

Howdy folks. I am in the process of trying to identify an intermittent problem with my bike. unfortunately I think this may end up including needing to replace the ignition module. I have found some form Pinwall (and another member has offered me one that he purchased used) and I am aware of the Dyna 3000 as a replacement. I don't really have any interest in doing the Dyna replacement and my preference would be for a unit that has a reasonably well known history (ie out of someone's bike that got upgraded to a Dyna unit or something like that).

So my question is does anyone have a spare module out of their RSV that they took out for the purpose of replacing the current one with a dyna or whatever? If so, would you be willing to part with it, for how much, etc etc.

Thanks a lot!

hello

email me your address and i will send you the one from my 99 i replaced it with a dnya 3000 about 4 years and all you need to pay will be shipping had no problem with it

bumble bee

kevin wisor 99 rsv

Something else to keep in mind...

I had intermitent bike no run problem a few years back, caused by riding in heavy rain. I traced it down in the driveway with a garden hose to the area of all the connectors under the battery.

I had the module out and cleaned all the various connectors under there, reassembled all connectors with dielectric grease, and sealed all connectors with spray on ignition sealer.

Also, the potting material on the back of the module left a lot of solder connections exposed, so I added an additional layer of silicone from a tube to seal all that up.

Haven't had any problems for years now, even in the downpours just west of DFW the other day.:doh:

Just a thought, Scooter Bob

PM sent, you guys are awesome! Thanks a lot!!! :thumbsup2:

Something else to keep in mind...

I had intermitent bike no run problem a few years back, caused by riding in heavy rain. I traced it down in the driveway with a garden hose to the area of all the connectors under the battery.

I had the module out and cleaned all the various connectors under there, reassembled all connectors with dielectric grease, and sealed all connectors with spray on ignition sealer.

Also, the potting material on the back of the module left a lot of solder connections exposed, so I added an additional layer of silicone from a tube to seal all that up.

Haven't had any problems for years now, even in the downpours just west of DFW the other day.:doh:

Just a thought, Scooter Bob

I have noticed a correlation to very humid conditions (it hardly EVER rains here) and this so I will definitely keep this in mind (inspect/address accordingly). Thanks Bob!

hello rick

sorry i have not got part out to you yet sunday moring at 2:30 am i got real sick went hospital and just got home today nothing to worry about just old age i will get it out to you tomorrow i was going to send it moday but couldnt and not by comp to let you know again i am sorr was hopping to get it to by the weekend i will pm you tomorrow to let you know it is on the way

bumble bee

kevin

Kevin:

No worries at all! Sorry to hear that you got so sick :-\ I hope that you have fully recovered or at least that you are on your way to a full and speedy recovery!

-Rick

hello rick

sorry i have not got part out to you yet sunday moring at 2:30 am i got real sick went hospital and just got home today nothing to worry about just old age i will get it out to you tomorrow i was going to send it moday but couldnt and not by comp to let you know again i am sorr was hopping to get it to by the weekend i will pm you tomorrow to let you know it is on the way

bumble bee

kevin

hello rick

did you get the bike running?

bumble bee

Howdy:

Well, I hooked up the new module and it started right up but have not gotten it out for a test ride yet. Various parts are strewn over my garage at the moment and that ugly 'w' word seems to be taking up most of my time :(

I will definitely keep you updated though! While I hope for tonight, realistically it probably won't be until tomorrow or Saturday when I can spend a solid chunk of time getting this sucker back together and/or figured out. BUT, none the less, I am looking forward to it.

Thanks again!

-Rick :thumbsup2: